We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I have to choose... - 2 good 2 be tru

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montréal
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
I have to choose... - 2 good 2 be tru

What would you choose between those two?

Apartment Anister - El triangle - 1 bedroom - with reception desk - beautiful - 505E

Renttopapartments - Born (half mile from el triangle) 2 bedrooms - beautiful - 585E

who has use Renttopapartments? Good ? Reliable? Picture the same in reality as they show on the website? The location is not as good but it's bigger - Somebody can help?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,442 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I have to choose... - 2 good 2 be tru

I am not familiar with either of these apartments or companies, but the premise that the "Born" apartment (which, incidentally, is not in Born) is a location that is "not as good" is one a lot of people would disagree with. Both apartments are well located. I would prefer to stay in Sant Pere (home to the Born apt) rather than the lesser ambience of the other one which is indeed a bit closer to Pl. Catalunya but therefore also in a busier (and more business-y) area.

Barcelona
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I have to choose... - 2 good 2 be tru

Hi,

Both locations are ok. I probably like the Amister a little better since looks more recently renovated and location is perfect. However, it can be a little bit noisy (ask whether the apartment faces the street or not)

Good luck

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,566 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I have to choose... - 2 good 2 be tru

I too would go for the "Born" apartment. I've no experience of this rental company.

The photos will have been taken when the apartment was last renovated so it might not be quite as "new" looking as in the pics, but presumably this won't be a shock to you. Searching for reviews of the letting agents might be worthwhile - especially how they respond to problems.

Looks very nice, though and, for me at least, the more interesting location of the two.

Montréal
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I have to choose... - 2 good 2 be tru

I tried to find review on Rent top Apartment and didn't find much - on their website, it said they have 5 years experience but how come this name doesn't come up in any forum - I would have prefer their location and the 1 more room but the fact I don't have any reference on them make me nervous - I will decide this week-end - want to get over the reservation in Barcelone to start the search in Madrid...

London
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: I have to choose... - 2 good 2 be tru

I booked an apartment with Rent Top Apartments for my stay in Barcelona during the xmas holidays, it was an excellent experience! The apartment was great and the customer service as well

Montréal
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I have to choose... - 2 good 2 be tru

Thank you Lasimbolica - very nice of you. In fact I choose the Amister because we have up to 48 hours to cancel our reservation (even if it is not our goal, we never know what happen in a few months and I don't think this is covered by any travel insurance). Their was also a lot of good reviews on them. With Renttopapartment, the place looked so good but I found no reviews on them and when I asked they said that they changed recently the name of Rent City Apartments for Renttopapartment but no review on them either. I'm happy you had a good experience and it prooves we should sometimes takes more chances. I hope your trip to Barcelona was very pleasant and by the way, have you rent an apartment in Madrid (I'm doing researches right now). Thank you and Happy New Year!

barcelona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I have to choose... - 2 good 2 be tru

hi,

both are very centric of course, near metro station and buses...

problems? perhaps c/pelai is a very crowded street (they are always lot of people there) and with a lot of cars in the road, perhaps risk of noises at night? I supposed they have a good protections about noises, but if not, it could be a problem perhaps. At the other hand, there are lots of shops there; there is "Viena" restaurant to breakfast or dinner (good sandwich and not very expensive)

The "born appartment": well, as other person said this area isn't born , is Santa Caterina (I hate this advertisments that change the real name of the area for a name of the other area more "cool"). You can find lots of shops of groceyrs and food (including one of "torrons"/"turrones"), the chrismas dessert), bakerys, the market is two minutes far of the appartment. People walk with more calm in the street. The only problem is that when the shops closed (about 20/20h30 ) and later the street is a bit lonely . Some persons are a little suspicious about the area at night, but there is not a real problem.

manchester
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: I have to choose... - 2 good 2 be tru

care with Rent Top Apartments is not a law firm

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,566 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I have to choose... - 2 good 2 be tru

It wouldn't occur to me to rent an apartment from a law firm. Explain, please.

London
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: I have to choose... - 2 good 2 be tru

Of course, not a law firm, is an apartment rental company, I have had very good experience with them, I recommend.

If you mean a company is illegal, I think you're wrong.