We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public transport from airport

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
59 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
public transport from airport

I am arriving in Barcelona on Jan 14 in mid-afternoon and need to get from the airport to the Travelodge Hopitalet Hotel. I have no problem in taking public transport and it seems that both the train and bus (#46) go in the vicinity. As I will have luggage, I would like as few stairs as possible and as little walking as possible. Does anyone know which would be better, exactly where I would get off and how far the walk would be? The next day I will be leaving for the cruise terminal and prefer not to take a taxi if possible. Does public transport go near the cruise terminal and if so, does anyone know how I would get there.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: public transport from airport

I'm sorry, but I would take a taxi from the airport to the hotel (15 to 20 Euros). You can always take public transport to the cruise terminal the next day, but what are you saving? A few Euros? This is a holiday. Enjoy it.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,883 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: public transport from airport

You can take bus 46 and get off at Fira Europa, or near Ave Juan Carlos I. You'd have to walk a solid 5 minutes south though to the hotel while navigating the streets of what appears to be an industrial area. The bus fare is cheap though, just 1.25 Euros.

http://www.tmb.net/img/ampli/pdf/L46.pdf

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,459 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: public transport from airport

As Sammy Floyd says, and more info in this previous thread

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187497-i44-k301…

As for public transport to the port, the nearest metro station is Drassanes on the green line, then a short walk to the Columbus Monument where a shuttle bus operates to the Quays

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,818 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: public transport from airport

I agree with Robert - get a cab. We stayed there a few years back and it's not the easiest place to find. Also, have a decent map of the location printed out and available to show the driver. They might know it a bit better now but I wouldn't risk it.

We walked from the nearest metro station once. Not a very nice walk, and potentially a very isolated area, if you're on your own and away from business hours. I wouldn't recommend it. We used buses after that one attempt.

There's a bit of a write-up about it and the local area on our website, www.avengerpenguins.com - either Barcelona 2006 or 2007 I think - most likely 2007.

VPS
Vilanova i la Geltru
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: public transport from airport

As Robert says, you're on holiday! Push the boat out (no pun intended) get a taxi.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
59 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: public transport from airport

Thanks you for your advice and the various links. I checked the previous string and also found them helpful. I am much happier now about finding the Travelodge and staying there.

Trip Advisor started a good thing with the forum

7. Re: public transport from airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2010, 06:17