We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire from Barcelona traveling in Spain and Portugal

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
442 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
car hire from Barcelona traveling in Spain and Portugal

I want to rent a car in Barcelona and travel southern Spain and southern Portugal. I didn't realize some companies don't allow you to cross borders. Can you recommend a company that will allow me to do this. I look at rates on rentSpain but don't know how to inquire if I can cross into Portugal.

Usa, Japan
Level Contributor
506 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: car hire from Barcelona traveling in Spain and Portugal

All the major companies do. You are not planning to drop the car off in Portugal are you as that is a different thing to overcome.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car hire from Barcelona traveling in Spain and Portugal

You can check Auto Europe and Kemwel in regards to your rental. As already noted, dropping a car off in a second country will incur a steep drop-off fee, so you need to plan on returning the car to somewhere in Spain if picking up in Barcelona.

3. Re: car hire from Barcelona traveling in Spain and Portugal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2010, 05:16