We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which would be the nearest beach resort to barcelona,

Ireland
Level Contributor
102 posts
1 review
Save Topic
which would be the nearest beach resort to barcelona,

going to barcelona to see some hockey matches, in july so will need to go into barcelona everyday, somewhere near neu camp, but would like to stay somehwere outside, any ideas, how far is callella, went there years ago and loved it, and i know there is a direct train in

France, Andorra, and Spain from...
1,046 reviews
from US$145.50*
Special Offer
Priority Access: Barcelona Sagrada...
2,951 reviews
from US$44.00*
US$48.90
Barcelona City Tour, Sagrada Familia...
1,652 reviews
from US$111.60*
Special Offer
Montserrat and Oller del Mas Tour...
441 reviews
from US$111.87*
US$117.76
Barcelona
Level Contributor
210 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: which would be the nearest beach resort to barcelona,

Hi

there are 2 Calella. Calella de la Costa (direct train, about 55 km from Barcelona - 65 to Nou Camp), and Calella de Palafrugell (incredible village, but about 1h45 from Barcelona).

If you want beach you can also go to Sitges, and it is really close to Barcelona

Ireland
Level Contributor
102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: which would be the nearest beach resort to barcelona,

is stiges nice, will have fifteen year old daughter with us as well.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
2,640 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: which would be the nearest beach resort to barcelona,

sitges is *very* nice, probably the nicest (and then the most expensive) beach town in the area. many wealthy people from barcelona have their summer houses there. imho much nicer than calella de la costa (the calella near barcelona you can reach by train)

other options:

- castelldefels: even closer to barcelona, great beach, so-so town

- vilanova i la geltru: next town to sitges, great beach, less touristy than sitges but with some interesting sights. it's very easy to combine sitges and vilanova as they are just 5 minutes apart by train

Ireland
Level Contributor
102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: which would be the nearest beach resort to barcelona,

great thanks for that, how far from barcelona would i be if i stay in stiges or vilanova, as i would have to travel in every day for a match

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
16,025 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which would be the nearest beach resort to barcelona,

Hi,

its 30 or 35 minutes depending on which train to Sants station - you can get a metro to the Nou Camp area from Sants (3 stops on either of 2 lines)

6. Re: which would be the nearest beach resort to barcelona,

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2010, 07:16