We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spending day in barcelona after cruise

Detroit, Michigan
3 posts
Save Topic
spending day in barcelona after cruise

I will be staying one day after my cruise in Barcelona. I want to stay at a hotel that will both allow me to see Barcelona and also be close enough to the airport. Any suggestions are appreciated. I was wondering too what would be best; a cab, the metro, or if any hotels offer shuttles.

Also, since I will only be in town one day/night what do think i should do that would allow me to experience as much of Barcelona as I can.

Thanks!

France, Andorra, and Spain from...
1,044 reviews
from US$146.60*
Priority Access: Barcelona Sagrada...
2,944 reviews
from US$44.30*
Barcelona City Tour, Sagrada Familia...
1,650 reviews
from US$112.40*
Special Offer
Montserrat and Oller del Mas Tour...
439 reviews
from US$112.73*
US$118.66
Barcelona
Level Contributor
210 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: spending day in barcelona after cruise

A hotel near plaça Catalunya is in the city center, and you can take the train (Passeig de Gracia) to the airport

If you prefer to be closer to the airport, book a hotel near Sants Estació (plenty of them, one of the best is Torre Catalunya). You can get to the city centre in a 5 minute train ride

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,620 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: spending day in barcelona after cruise

Having only a day take the Hop on Hop off Bus touristica from Placa Catalunya, you are supplied with a highlight map and headphones for audio commentary.

This is a great way to experience Barcelona, when you have little time.

www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com

Edited: 18 February 2010, 00:41
Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: spending day in barcelona after cruise

Passeig de Gracia would be a good walk if you want to experience gaudi architecture and some good watering holes.. The hop on hop off bus is a great suggestion, if you know exactly what you want to see.

If you have a whole day, I'd start at the harbour, correction, I'd start at the wooden submarine, then walk to the harbour, Magnum, up the ramblas and into Placa catalunya. onto Passeig de Gracia for a light lunch. have a bus ride to sagriada familia, then onto Parc Guell for views over the city. Back into town for a bite to eat, over to the fountains if there is a performance scheduled and finish of the evening with an unhurried meal.

you wont see it all, but not to worry, you'll be back, Barcelona has that effect on you.

California
Level Contributor
178 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: spending day in barcelona after cruise

If you're staying longer than 24 hours, the HOHO bus offers a 48 hour ticket.

5. Re: spending day in barcelona after cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2010, 06:18