We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beads shops in barcelona

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,944 posts
457 reviews
Save Topic
beads shops in barcelona

i am a "beader" and wonder if anyone knows of a shop that sells beads? thanks in advance

Rye, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
150 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: beads shops in barcelona

I went to Barcelona last September and found some great bead shops. Can't remember the exact names but I think they were located in the Gothic Area. I found out that you have to leave your handbag (think this is purse for USA) in a locker by the shop front which came as a bit of a surprise. The beads and tools etc are laid out for everyone to see and handle and I think this is just a security measure. I'm sure you will have a great time just meandering round you can really spend hours there!

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,944 posts
457 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beads shops in barcelona

wonder how to find them, ask the hotel? maybe there is a phone directory like the US.

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beads shops in barcelona

I am not a beader myself but googled out of curiosity and there are many listings with address which seem mostly to be in Gotic.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
2,640 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: beads shops in barcelona

yes i'd seen these as well but don't remember the exact addresses, not being a 'beader' myself. but the area of gotic is not that big and it's a great area to 'get lost', you'll find many hidden treasures

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,944 posts
457 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beads shops in barcelona

so excited, thank you

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
3,554 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: beads shops in barcelona

I'd start looking for them in Boqueria Street (not market :)

I remember some shops of this kind , some whole-sale , along the street - but some time ago.

AA:)

7. Re: beads shops in barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2010, 06:16