We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Here in Barcelona - Restaurants near Hotel Emilia POR FAVOR

New York
Level Contributor
115 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Here in Barcelona - Restaurants near Hotel Emilia POR FAVOR

Hi All,

2nd night here in Barcelona. Had 2 unpleasant dinners so far. One in Ramblas area (should have known better because itś along the strip that looks like it cater to tourists only) and tonight at La Tramoia which was recommended by Rick Steveś tourguide.

In fear of running into another bad meal, I will greatly appreciate if the locals of this forum or past travelers recommend some great restaurants...esp. appreciate it if itś near our hotel Emilia located near the Rocquartś metro.

Weŕe looking to spend around 30 -40 euros for dinner and 10-12 euros for lunch.

Thanks in advance! Loved Bar Pinxtos in Boqueria but would like to try other places esp since we are scheduled to be here for the next 5 nights.

MUCHO GRACIAS!

-Sillybutt

Edited: 11 April 2010, 19:22
Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Here in Barcelona - Restaurants near Hotel Emilia POR FAVOR

Hola Sillybutt!

Sorry to hear of bad restaurant experiences. :-(

one that has NEVER failed anyone i have sent there is

cafe de l'academia

carrer lledo, 1

metro L4 jaume 1

open mon-sat 9-noon 1.30-4pm 8.45-11.30pm

tele 93 319 82 53/ 93 315 00 26

its popular, bit pricey but very good. Its just off plaça sant just, up carrer dagueria (www.formatgerialaseu.com for cheese and wine tapas or breakfast/lunch plus Katherine has opened bar zim next door with her sister) and just at far side of plaça sant just. I googled but no website came up sorry.

Simple fish for lunch?

www.laparadeta.com

carrer commercial, 7

metro L4 jaume 1

open tue-fri, sat + sun

a paradeta is a fish counter and this is like walking into a fishmongers, you select what you would like to eat, pay by the kilo then be seated while they cook it simply for you. You cant get fresher and theres a good rage of wines.

You could have a 'copa cava de la casa amb anchoas' on the way to paradeta at el xampanyets in carrer montcada.

For a lunch at a good price in villagey surrounds and on your metro line get off at arc de triomphe and walk down to carrer del portal nou to plaça de sant agusti vell you will need a map, i remember my first time tracking down bar mundial just beyond this restaurant i worried i would miss it but nope its easy to find.

Restaurant l'economic

plaça de sant augusti vell, 13

open mon-fri 12.30-4.30

menu changes daily, €8-10 for meal with wine, good traditional Catalan food

Sorry am unable to find any near your hotel that i can recommend, hope this starts off other TA members contributing, will add a few more tomorrow for you.

Enjoy Barcelona!

bON PROFIT)

chris

ps use the Catalan next time, si us plau! :-)

New York
Level Contributor
115 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Here in Barcelona - Restaurants near Hotel Emilia POR FAVOR

Mucho gracias Chris!

La Paradeta sounds wonderful. I think I will def. check it out tomorrow! Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions.

PS I´m actually up at this hour because Im starving and can not sleep. Loading up on snacks and baguette manana :)

-Sillybutt

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
20,359 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Here in Barcelona - Restaurants near Hotel Emilia POR FAVOR

Assuming you mean Villa Emilia....lots of local bars and restaurants in the area have set-price lunches and some now have set-price in the evenings too ( thanks to "la crisis"!). In any case most will be well within your budget as diners are mainly going to be locals, it's not an area people otherwise head to for a "night out"! No menus in English as a result.

A rather fancier place (food-wise) that we like in the area, is Angus Beef (but it''s not only beef) which is on Aragó between Entença and Rocafort. No set-price deal there, what you spend will depend a lot on your choice of wine.

Edited: 12 April 2010, 16:37
Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Here in Barcelona - Restaurants near Hotel Emilia POR FAVOR

Hola Sillybutt!

Hope you are having a great time. We'd all love to know what you are getting up to and what restaurants have been good, so file a report when you have a minute si us plau!

Chris

SpartanZoe
Level Contributor
379 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Here in Barcelona - Restaurants near Hotel Emilia POR FAVOR

Rather than start a new topic can I latch on and ask for an opinion on my eating dilemma? Need a nice restaurant, (with flattering lighting for my ancient features) for St Jordi's night dinner...something romantic, catalan or interesting modern food priced under 100 euro for two with wine. We are staying on Raval side of Ramblas but can be taxi ride away. Any ideas Chris? I want to book ahead. There was a great thread from a very well written foodie on restaurants recently and now I cannot find it.

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Here in Barcelona - Restaurants near Hotel Emilia POR FAVOR

Spartan:

here it is:http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187497-i44-k3339274-l24858447-Food_Focused_Trip_Report_Photos_January_2010-Barcelona_Catalonia.html#24858447

SpartanZoe
Level Contributor
379 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Here in Barcelona - Restaurants near Hotel Emilia POR FAVOR

Yippeeeee!! Thank you bethtanya!!

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Here in Barcelona - Restaurants near Hotel Emilia POR FAVOR

Spartan Zoe: I have read this trip report a zillion times and expect to have it memorised by my visit in Sept. LOL. There are several current threads on Chowhound too which are pertinent, as you probably already know.

New York
Level Contributor
115 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Here in Barcelona - Restaurants near Hotel Emilia POR FAVOR

Hey Chris,

So after much research on TripAdvisors (the night I posted the pledge for help) I discovered La Champagneria on Carrera De La Reina. We been there twice for early dinner time. The first time, we had the full intention of being full. Today, we wanted to stop by for some tapas and cava but again ended up being too full to go elsewhere for actual dinner. I attempted to look for La Paradeta in the Sagrada Familia for dinner but was unsuccessful as the street name was not located on my map. Also, wanted to go to Bar Celta for their famous pulpo but was too full after La Champagneria. Perhaps Bar Celta will be our dinner for tomorrow night. We manage to try the Churros con Chocolate at Granja La Pallaresa which was great after tapas.

Weŕe heading to Monserrat for a day trip tomorrow and have a free day on Thursday. Finished all my souvenir shopping today. So I will welcome any other great recommendations for lunch and the dinner for our last two days in this wonderful city. I noticed Ättic Restaurant while walking down Las Ramblas today..have anyone been there and can comment on this restaurant_ I recall reading about it in various forums. Will be great to know the price range for lunch and dinner. Since we still havent been to a fancier or mid-range restaurant..maybe this can be THE one.

-A

Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,079 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Here in Barcelona - Restaurants near Hotel Emilia POR FAVOR

Bar Celta will be fine for a bit of tapas and wine/beer. Not the best looking place in the world but half decent and plenty of other bars / tapas bars within 5 minutes walk from there.