We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kids Football Barcelona

nottingham
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Kids Football Barcelona

Hi I'm a manager/coach of a Under 8 local football team in nottingham UK and looking to arrange some football matches vs U8 local teams in Barcelona. The team is planning on visting barcelona on 25th June 2010. I would really appreciate making contact with local teams in or near to Barcelona to arrange some matches for my Under 8 boys.

Help appreciated.

barcelona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kids Football Barcelona

hi,

buff, this is a difficult question, I think...

I suggested you tried to write this message in the forum of catalan footbol teams:

…mi-web.es/foro/divisio-d-honor-infantil-f40…

perhaps they can help you.

These clubs are quartier's club, but famous :

C. F. Europa

www.ceeuropa.cat/web/index.php…

C.E. Jupiter

http://www.jupiterce.es/

Martinenc

http://www.fcmartinenc.cat/web/

Here, you can find a list of catalan clubs, they are ordered by the name of the club and next there is the name of the city/village:

http://www.fcf.cat/pub/listarClubs.asp

And this is the web of the catalan football federation:

http://www.fcf.cat/pub/home.asp

barcelona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kids Football Barcelona

upps...

I think I'm confused....the team is a team with 8 players?? is indoors?

I only know football and futbol-sala (futsal)?

http://www.futsal.cat/

Sorry for the confusion...

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kids Football Barcelona

5de8-

thats a brilliant start, but it is a children's team, all under 8 years old. Can you find some additional information for young teams? Or do you know if any of those websites have youth sections?

Nottingham Spartans U-8s are a very lucky team going to play in Barcelona!

All the best and hope you win all your games!

Visca Barça soc culé!

barcelona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kids Football Barcelona

hi,

ok! thanks! in my first message..all of this clubs and the catalan federation has children's teams...In fact, some of them as Europa, Jupiter..has football school , etc...they take care about their future :-)

nottingham
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kids Football Barcelona

Aye, if it comes off it will be lucky.

I could still do with more contacts to local football teams in Barca/catalan region which have under 8 football teams as prt of their structure.

All help appreciated.

Barcelona
Level Contributor
446 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Kids Football Barcelona

Hello,

Agree with Chris, this would be a great experience for the kids, especially if they can play against Spanish/Catalan kids here in Barcelona. Be careful though...anybody who has feet in this country these days usually turns out to be pretty good!

As for your question, its quite hard to find any information on it online. I do know of the Barcelona International Football League, but this is all adults. However, if you go to their website http://www.bifl.info you could try to send them an email, or get in contact with some of the teams and see if they could get a group of their own kids together or something to play against a team from England?

You could also post an advertisement for an event on Loquo.com and see if you hear anything back - put your email address and phone number if you want and you may hear something.

My flatmate here actually used to coach kids football, I'm not sure what age but I will ask him over the weekend and get back to you when I speak to him. Even if he's not involved anymore he may have some contacts. I can also ask other locals here such as workmates and see if they know of any kids football teams.

There is also the option of you posting some kind of advertisement in local Catalan newspapers / magazines. One option is the English language mag Barcelona Metropolitan - you could place an ad in the classified section and see if anything comes of it, and look through yourself to see if there is anything already posted about kids, football, or even better the 2 linked together.

For instance, one of the ads is here: www.catalunya-classified.com/3070/Advert.aspx - there are a group of adults looking for people to play 5 a side, but chances are that some of them may have kids who also play football, or contacts.

Another thing you could do it ask at the companies you have used to book your trip - if they are based here in Barcelona they may have some contacts or something.

Hope this helps you and you find something for them. I will get back to you on here if I hear anything.

OhCharlotte

(Oh-Barcelona)

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Kids Football Barcelona

two more thoughts...

Several times i have been on return flights with ryanair and there have been teen rugby teams returning from playing school teams in bcn. Why not contact the Ajuntament (city council) and ask for info if there are school teams you could play. wwwbcn.cat and click top right to get the site in eglish.

Then theres the english speaking schools to try also. Mr Google should help with them.

And further, Barça have as their shirt sponsors UNICEF. They are kids friendly in every way they can be. Go ask them directly if (in adition to a tour of Camp Nou you will all gladly pay for) is there any facilities you can make use of, even for 30mins. Now opposite the main etrance to Camp Nou theres a small stadium. Not only have i watched fcb teen players train on sundays and show incredible skills, i have also seen tiny tots 5/6/7 years old max playing on this covered training ground. Perhaps somethins like this could be made available to you, or maybe you could ask if they could spare you five minutes run around on their warm up pitch, or a guided visit to the old farmhouse where the stars of tomorrow are living (Messi came here as a 16yo) or at least get each of your team to pose at the door of the farmhouse. Its just to the left of the main gates.

Imagine if it worked out, your team could all boast that they trained at Camp Nou!? I do believe that Braça would feel obliged to do something to help, and i very much doubt many teams have ever contacted them to ask! Worth a go!

As for watching Barça play, maybe it would be a little too costly to get your team to a game, but did you know that Barça have been coming to Scotland to train each summer, based at st andrews (ahem, next to the royal and ancient golf course) and they play a number of games against the likes of dundee, or hibs or hearts as friendlies. At these matches, a lot lot cheaper seats than at Camp Nou, you also get to book seats right up close to the pitch and yes, messi has played in the past. Might be worth a follow up trip in a bus and you could find a local U-8 team that might be interested in playing a game.

I would also suggest you found someone who could give you all a quick lesson in Catalan so your team ca impress any team you play against. a few phrases would be a great start before the global languae of football takes over.

And of course you knew you meant Barna when you said Barça. Barça a relates to the football team only, Barna is the city. Everyone in the UK refers to the city as barça because the team is the best. And we all say 'nooo camp' in the uk when its camp nou. So if you got someone to gen you up and get a few phrases you will all really impress. And download a version of 'el cant' from youtube, theres even one karaoke like with the words, and get the lads to learn it, even to get in the spirit when coming over.

If you want some other camp nou / fcb info check the messages on my profile as i contributed some info along with others that you wont find nowhere else!

Last trip i made to Barna was for st georges day last year and on the 23rd from our hotel balcony overlooking the Ramblas there was hundreds of young kids in their tracksuits etc which suggested that there was a big football tournament going on. If i ca find anything out about one this year i will let you know, theres bound to be people involved with that and are involved with local youth teams.

It might be a headache for you to organise but just imagine those kids faces going to Barcelona!!! One of my customers sons aged 12 has demanded to learn spanish at his school as he wants to speak spanish when he goes with his dad to camp nou for matches. He would prefer Catalan, but Messi speaks spanish and thats what he wants to!

Any other info you need, just ask us here!

Chris

8. Re: Kids Football Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2010, 06:21