We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RYANAIR flying from 05.00 22 april

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Topic
RYANAIR flying from 05.00 22 april

Ryanair resumes flights across europe from 05.00 thursday 22 april and will be later announcingadditional flight to and from Stansted and Dublin later today.

So long as our nice friendly volcano doesnt mind.

It also gives details on the website that you can claim a full refund of your ticket and if you have already requested this, it can offer one of the additional flights for €100 plus admin costs.

If you are stuck waiting to go to the americas, you could check for flights from a UK airport if there arent any from your mainland europe airport, and fly to the UK.

There are other flight price comparison websites, but i do love my (edinburgh based) www.skyscanner.net for the cheap flights i can always find. Ask for 'month to view' and you could save a fortune waiting as little as a day.

Bon viatge everyone!

Turas daonnan sabhailte as we say in Alba- SAFE JOURNEY ALWAYS!

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Alba
Alba
Province of Cuneo, Italy
Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: RYANAIR flying from 05.00 22 april

....and do you think Mr O'Leary has been fixing coin operated doors to all his loos while the airycrafts have been sitting doing nothing? ?:-)

Tarragona, Spain
Level Contributor
387 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: RYANAIR flying from 05.00 22 april

On the BBC Radio4 PM programme today, one of his mini-leprechauns did say there was no way the Eireflot would obey EU 261/2004 regulation regarding customer care.

I am always amazed by the way this company drives a coach and horses through the laws of the countries in which they operate and yet still many people, not least on these boards, rush to defend them and local adminstrations, not least in Catalonia, rush to stuff their golden (orange?) harp tailed mouth with euros.

Mentioned in this post
Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: RYANAIR flying from 05.00 22 april

Hi Jim!

Trouble with Michael the Maverick is he has helped revolutionise air travel. You just have to look at British Airways to remind yourself what things used to be like.

Then just take a look at Girona Airport and its infrastructure. One man with crazy ideas has the most modern fleet of aircraft and puts bums on seats like noone else.

I refuse to pay more than £75 return with ryanair, and my cheapest return was my first ticket to barcelona of £19.47. I can afford 4 trips a year to Barcelona and at least one to Paris.

I would buy O'Leary an Estrella Damm anytime. Then charge him £5 for the glass, £10 for not booking online, £22 for needing to use the loo, £25 for insurance he didnt know he had ordered, £45 for priority drinking at the bar, 10ft in front of the hoardes who will run past so they can get seats at the front so they can then run to the terminal gasping for a cigarette, but then i will ask him WHY he chose Beauvais as his paris airport and not somewhere in belgium without the idiots who make that the worst airport and most poorly run airport i have ever ever been in grrrrr grrrrr but sorry, he has yet to let me down in any way.

Mentioned in this post
Girona
Girona
Province of Girona, Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Tarragona, Spain
Level Contributor
387 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: RYANAIR flying from 05.00 22 april

The argument about "revolutionising air travel" is akin to the issue of privatisation of telecoms, I feel.

When BT was privatised, communications technologies were on the cusp of a major advance. BT brought them to many. Because it was now private? Or because the technology co-incided with the privatisation.

Likewise Ryanair. It came on the scene just as Mastricht/ Jacques Delors/ 1992 single market transformed the Common Market into the European Union.

Ryanair´s cattle class concept was/ is the only model capable of transporting people around frontier-free Europe ?

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
13,266 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RYANAIR flying from 05.00 22 april

I certainly hope that "he" has been fitting coin-op doors to the loos during the idle period.

Be careful about claiming ticket refunds if you're still marooned. I suspect that this might affect your rights to compensation/reimbursement of expenses.

6. Re: RYANAIR flying from 05.00 22 april

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2010, 07:16