We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

barcelona airports for Ryan air

Trivandrum
Level Contributor
174 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
barcelona airports for Ryan air

hi,

We are planning to take a ryan air flight from brussels to barcelona and this seems to land in a different airport from the main international brussels airport. Could someone throw light on this and as to whether Ryan air is reliable for this leg?

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
3,554 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: barcelona airports for Ryan air

Hi,

Ryanair so far use airports GiROna and REUs , both 100 kms N/S approx from Barcelona. However , there are buses to B related with flight arrivals, the travel time is 1-2 hrs longer ,

see FAQ for more info .

Reliable - I hear it happens to them to cancel flights if the plane is nearly empty (when are you travelling? )

if not , they arrive on time like other airlines.

pls see eg TA Air Travel or airlineQuality forum/s for opinions,

Do not expect passenger care in case of any changes (destination? time?) happen to the flight,

also check well their conditions + extra fees.

A

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,284 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: barcelona airports for Ryan air

www.brusselsairlines.com fly to Barcelona.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
20,375 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: barcelona airports for Ryan air

Is your question about Barcelona airport or Brussels (or both)? Not sure where they take off from that they call Brussels but for Barcelona they use airports at quite some distance but with good bus connections.

The main thing with Ryanair is their view that customers who get cheap seats shouldn't expect any customer service beyond being flown from A to B. And very strict luggage limits for handluggage and 15kg only checked-in, at 15€ per bag.

They aren't always cheap by the way, they have lots of add-ons to basic price and not just the luggage charge .I struggled to find how to eliminate the insurance charge when I was booking recently: in the end I discovered in the middle of a list of countries " I don't want insurance" tricky or what?!

Edited: 24 April 2010, 08:53
Trivandrum
Level Contributor
174 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: barcelona airports for Ryan air

100 kms? Whew... think i will pay more and fly the full service airlines such as brussels air or span..btw, how about vueling? where does it land?

Tarragona, Spain
Level Contributor
380 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: barcelona airports for Ryan air

Are Ryanair reliable?

It is the most important question you can ask about this or any airline, I reckon, because the consequences of unreliability in this field of transport do not bear thinking about. Hence the enormous problems last week all over Europe

Let me put it this way, would you want to fly with an airline which doesn´t know where the airport the pilot is landing at is located? Not just by a few metres, which is shocking, but by a margin of 100km.

What does that tell you about Ryanair?

Tarragona, Spain
Level Contributor
380 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: barcelona airports for Ryan air

Vueling goes to BCN, the main downtown airport as our American friends say. About 15+ minutes from the centre by train.

Nothing special as an airline in my opinion. But better than your first choice.

(Walking would be better than your first choice. In my opinion.)

Trivandrum
Level Contributor
174 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: barcelona airports for Ryan air

ha ha , great reply jim :) Veuling sounds good, I dont need major service on a 2 hour flight from brussels to spain anyways :) Veuling rates are nearly half those of brussels air and span... so think I will go with that

8. Re: barcelona airports for Ryan air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2010, 05:18