We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches near Barcelona?

Arlington, VA
9 posts
Save Topic
Beaches near Barcelona?

We're traveling to Barcelona in mid-July and want to spend 3 days along the Costa Bravo coast with our two teens. We're interested in smaller towns that may not be so touristy. Any suggestions for towns and/or apts or hotels with family-size rooms would be much appreciated. thank you.

Photo Bike Tour Barcelona
Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours, Equipment Hire, Photography Tours
City Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Private Tours
Barcelona Day Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours
Donkey Tours Barcelona
Walking Tours, Private Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Level Contributor
4,403 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches near Barcelona?

First of all you might consider renting a house instead of a hotel.

I've stayed a few times in Begur and it was great. It is touristic (not too much) but I believe that today all the villages and towns on the Costa Brava are touristic during the summer.

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches near Barcelona?

Post on the Costa Brava Forum ( and search it too).

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches near Barcelona?

Great idea to rent a house or apartment but speaking as someone who owns rental apartments, I think you will find it difficult to find someone who will let you have a place in July for less than 5 nights.

Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
4. Re: Beaches near Barcelona?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2010, 06:35