We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help me to choose the apartment from these three

calocalo
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Please help me to choose the apartment from these three

Please help me to choose based on ease of getting round and safety:

I don't have the exact address but this is the description from the web sites:

1. Ausias Marc is situated to the right of the “l’Eixample” district, next to the “Arco de Triunfo” and the “Paseo San Juan”. The “Norte” railway station is only a street away and the “Born” is practically on the doorstep.

Question: Is it going to be very noisy because "railway station is just one street away"

2. Apartment is only 200 meters away from Gaudi's SAGRADA FAMILIA, the treasure of modernist architecture and the most visited sight in Barcelona. HOSPITAL SANT PAU, another landmark of Barcelona's modernist architecture, is only at one street from the Gaudi apartments

3. The location is unbeatable and very central just at a 5 min. walk from the PLAÇA CATALUNYA, the apartment is in the EIXAMPLE area in the center of Barcelona. The area is especially SAFE and QUIET. From our apartment you can reach all the areas of Barcelona in a very short time. There are 3 metro lines (L-Lilac (II), (L-Green (III) et L-Red (I) at a 2 min walk from the apartment

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
L'Eixample District
L'Eixample District
434 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Basilica of the Sagrada Familia
Basilica of the Sagrada...
133,971 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Pau
Pau
Communaute d'Agglomeration Pau-Pyrenees, France
Hotel Gaudi
Hotel Gaudi
1,540 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Hotel Catalunya
Hotel Catalunya
458 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help me to choose the apartment from these three

Holahloa calocalo!

I vote for number 3 and i would suggest you ask for a street name before booking, so you can google streey and see what is near the apartment.

Estacio del Nord is the bus station for long distance services, there is a nice park behind it and some local bars shops restaurants.

Sagrada familia area fine but not outstanding imho but if you read some recent postings a few people reccommend particular apartments as nice to stay in (with kids). Aain, lots of local shops, a covered market, bars and restaurants.

For number 3 as you are minutes away from HOHO bus, Airport Bus, eixample and barri gotic, 3 metro lines, and number 24 bus tha takes you right to the gates of parc guell.

If you asked me for an area for a fourth, i night like barrii gotic or Born districts but thats a personal preference as i know the areas very well.

Lets see what other people have to say!

Bon viatge!

Chris

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
65,673 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help me to choose the apartment from these three

I agree -no address = no money up front

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help me to choose the apartment from these three

google street them so you get photos of the shops and buildings around them at street level, this could help you decide. And help you find your way there.

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help me to choose the apartment from these three

There have been numerous forum posts about descriptions not matching actual locations, so another vote for getting the exact addresses, as well as what floor the apartments are on and ( if you care) whether there is an elevator and AC.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
21,410 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help me to choose the apartment from these three

With 1 and 3 you have more sights in walking distance not least because you are nearer the Old Town/Ciutat Vella.

Mentioned in this post
Ciutat Vella
Ciutat Vella
2,893 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
calocalo
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help me to choose the apartment from these three

Hello,

I got this address for place number 3 above: Calle Consell de Cent, 283. Can't find the exact address in goggle map.

Anybody know this address and is it a good base in terms of safety and the ease of moving around.

Thanks

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help me to choose the apartment from these three

Nearest i can pinpoint it is above universitat and to the left, and below plaça del doctor letamendi.

Thus how they can describe it as near 3 metros. 2 blocks from rambla de catalunya, 3 from casa batllo and a number 24 bus all the way to the gates of parc guell, and roughly 4 blocks from plaça de catalunya ad the airport bus and HOHO bus.

Safety wise, i dont think you will have any worries staying there. To be honest, i always stay on the Ramblas and dont have any security or safety worries, not even after 16 visits.

If google earth cant find it, what about google streett? Like its street level photos so you can see the neighbours (and if theres someone in the photo walking a dog you can see who is first to spot them whe you get there!)

and i know we shouldnt ever advertiise, but maybe you could hint what company it is and perhaps someone can say if they like the company or not?

Bon viatge!

Chris

Mentioned in this post
Catalonia Ramblas
Catalonia Ramblas
1,693 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
calocalo
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please help me to choose the apartment from these three

It's from Apartment BCN website.

We have one disadvantage for being Asians because we cannot disguise ourselves as local people and may be an easy target for the pickpockets :)

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona-El Prat Airport
Barcelona-El Prat Airport
El Prat de Llobregat, Spain
New York
Level Contributor
287 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please help me to choose the apartment from these three

Question to those in the know - is there a noise issue with apartment 2 being so close to La Sagrada Familia since it is an active construction site?

I would get the addresses, but I would choose a place in the Eixample. I found it a great place to be.

Mentioned in this post
Basilica of the Sagrada Familia
Basilica of the Sagrada...
133,971 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
3,554 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Please help me to choose the apartment from these three

Calocalo,

there are many Asians in B,

anyway I think what matters is - even if you do look tourist (at the end, you will not pretend you are working in the metro) - do not give the opportunity to pickpocketers.

Here my result of G map

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Calle+Consell+de+Cent,+283.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Calle+del+Consejo+de+Ciento,+283,+08011+Barcelona&gl=es&ei=KsDdS86SJqDWmgOUq-DSBw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAwQ8gEwAA

may be you can get to English v.

or try the drop down menu where you see : más▼

A :)

Edited: 02 May 2010, 19:47
Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain