We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona hotel recommendation

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelona hotel recommendation

I'm looking to book a good hotel in Barcelona for myself and my 65 year old mother in mid Feb 2006,for 3 nights.

Something near Las Ramblas/Placa Catalunya or the Old Town.Not in a noisy street,with ensuite rooms and good facilities(3-4 star),mid-price.If possible,somewhere a bit more interesting than the usual chain hotels!Though comfort and price are the most important criteria.

Any recommendations?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona hotel recommendation

Mid-price doesn't mean much. It would be easier with an actual budget since some of the 5-star hotels may be less expensive than some to the 3 and 4-star properties.

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
10,119 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona hotel recommendation

Hello cellista,

Here are two nice hotels for you to choose one.

http://www.hotelcontinental.com/

Have fun in this magical city.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
21,421 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelona hotel recommendation

You'll get better deals at weekends than during the week. Friends have just left after a 4-night stay in NH Sant'Angelo and paid only 75€ Fri-Sun nights, 110€ for Thursday and were very satisfied.Very pleasant staff. Booked in Sept I think (prices rise as it fills up I am told).

We are near Plaça Espanya, but with metro and buses very handy for centre.

In Barcelona some streets are quiet,some noisy (can literally vary from one street to the next) but if you have a room at the back of the building it's not an issue n any case.

Note that prices higher/limited availability when there are major trade fairs on (none in mid-Feb. that I am aware of, though).

UK
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelona hotel recommendation

Each to their own. Not to your blueprint

But if i were travelling with a 65 yearlady I would go up a bit.

Try Gran Havana Hotel

Gerlis

London, England
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelona hotel recommendation

Hotel Gran Via; 'faded grandeur' in a central location

This historic building, on Gran Via del Corts Catalan, tel 0034 933 181 906 (or is it 900?) is the opposite of a formula international hotel; once quite posh, with a grand entrance and stairwell, its now a wonderful, slightly 'faded grandeur'pile in a central location about 300 meters from Paza Catalunya, so very good for the Ramblas and airport bus. It's very olde worlde, with English speaking staff and an unbelievably baroque breakfast room, and a not to be missed lavish late breakfast buffet (including brandy and Cava if you need a hair of the dog!). We love it- about 100 Euros for a double. I think it's the kind of place a mature lady deserves