We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice needed

Athens
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Advice needed

Hi everyone!

I am trying to organize a summer trip in Barcelona and some coastal cities The plan would be to rent a car and stop for a couple of days in a city and enjoy the sea plus whatever sightseeing we can do.

I was suggested by tour operator the following itinery.

COSTA BRAVA for 3 days then SALOU for another 3 days MASSALFASSAR another 3 days and finally BARCELONA.

I would like to find info about those places.

Do they serve as a good base to stay and explore the area around?(apart from the beaches)

We are interested in all kind of things like museums/churches/monasteries/ancient relics/nature etc

Thanks for all your answers!

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice needed

Hola Nelly!

Sorry noone answered your question earlier!

Costa brava- great area to stay and explore. I would reccommend as well as getting a good guidebook such as the rough guide. You get a book with plenty photos so you can see where you are going!

Cadaques and cap de creus well worth exploring, empuries with its ancient greek and roman remans, sant pere de rodes, parc natural dels aiguamolis for bird life, illes medes if you do diving, then all the little towns such as begur, aiguafreda, pals, ullastret, sa tuna, tamariu, callele de palafrugell... Besalu a little inland also good to explore.

Salou- tarragona with its roman remains and the vineyards in this area.

Massalfassar is in valencia and erm... They grow the best oranges on the planet.

Barcelona- anything you need to know, just ask!

I would check for other forums to give you more answers, costa brava, tarragona (?) and valencia (?) then when you need more info on barcelona, ask us.

Enjoy planning your holiday!

Bon viatge!

Chris

Athens
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice needed

Ηola Chris

thank you for your answer I almost lost hope of getting a reply!!!

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice needed

Hola Nelly!

Another trouble is the forum gets a heap of postings all at once that are responded to and sometimes one or two get missed. So if we dont reply, add to your posting so it gets to the top of the posting again ;-)

www.triangle.cat publish a great photo book 'costa brava' and in several languages and i would also recommend this to you. I emailed triangle a month ago and they were updating their website so they could take orders direct for their books, but at least you can see this and other publications on their website and know what to look for in bookshops.

The coast is very beautiful, so a good photo guide helps ensure you dont miss out any good places. We had two great family holidays there, based at Estartit and travelling inland and up into the Pyrenees - i love Besalu and Camprodon! I can tell you more about them if you are interested. Empuries was amazing too, we had a great day exloring there.

Bon viatges!

Chris

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,594 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice needed

"Advice needed".....on ??? That's why people are slow to reply. It helps us all if we know what exactly you want to find out about. If people don't have much time they won't even open a post with such a general heading.

We still don't know who you are travelling with (no children?) as that could affect it For example Salou is a busy resort with lots of Spanish and foreign visitors and is is near Port Aventura theme park. However with what you say you're interested in I think you'd be better staying a week on the Costa Brava as it has museums, medieval towns and villages, wonderful beaches (much nicer than Salou!).

I've never heard of Massalfassar, do you know why it was recommended? adds a lot to your driving too.

Edited: 15 May 2010, 09:54
Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice needed

well i understood that advice was needed and as this is a forum for helping fellow travellers who want erm....ADVICE on travel then what was wrong with that heading? I must be missing something here.

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice needed

Chris: while you seem willing to jump on all topics many have more interest in responding when a specific topic catches the eye. I'm with Lynda: more specificity leads to more response.

Athens
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice needed

Well thank you for all of you for your specific replies to my generic question!!!

Sorry for the title but as you can see from the huuuge number of my posts I rather unexperianced with the rules of the forum....

:-)

8. Re: Advice needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2010, 05:37