We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spa's in barcelona

san diego
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
spa's in barcelona

any suggestions?

after a a hard week driving le mans 24 hr will be looking for a break!! LOL!!

thx

ML

Edited: 05 May 2010, 03:42
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
2,640 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: spa's in barcelona

http://www.airedebarcelona.com/

(not sure it's the best spa, but certainly one of the most beautiful i'd been)

Barcelona
Level Contributor
446 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: spa's in barcelona

Agree with Aire de Barcelona!

They have 6 different Arabian baths and 4 pools including Hamman and Jacuzzi, and there is also a list of massages that you can get during your time there.

Prices start from 25 Euros and 36 Euros including a relaxation massage. These go up to 81 Euros if you want to indulge!

Enjoy!

OHCharlotte

(Oh-Barcelona)

san diego
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: spa's in barcelona

thanks for the help ladies!!

all the best to you...

M

sigmalens
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: spa's in barcelona

I had such a fantastic time at Aire De Barcelona back in May. I had spent the weekend at Primavera (music festival) and needed some downtime to completely chill out after the long weekend. I found the website and just took a gamble with it. It was so amazing and the staff were so helpful. (Do book ahead though, it was very busy the morning we were there) I don't speak Spanish, which they immediately sussed and explained everything to us in English. All you need to bring is your bathing suit, they provide everything else (from deodorant to shampoo to hair brushes!) We opted for the 15 minute massage. The price is brilliant too. Under €40 for an hour and a half including the massage and as much green tea as you can handle!

Another cheaper place if you're interested is out in Barceloneta. I can't find the name or website but it's on passeig martin de la barceloneta. We went here the following day (it was mentioned in the Lonely Planet) It doesn't have a Spa feel at all, more a swimming pool vibe but it has a load of different baths from the very hot to the very cold, with gushing waterfalls, saunas and steam rooms as well as heated marble areas. We were defo the only tourists in there, it's a real local place. It cost something like €11 for 3 hours so great value for money. You have to wear sandals around the pool and a swimming cap so bring those with (though they do have them to buy for cheap at the desk)

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: spa's in barcelona

The barceloneta one sounds wonderful. Does anyone know the name? I don't have Lonely Planet .

sigmalens
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: spa's in barcelona

I FOUND IT, finally! (I had the wrong address, sorry about that!)

Thalasso Center: Poliesportiu Maritim, Passeig Marítim, 33. 08003 Barceloneta, Barcelona.

Have a great trip.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: spa's in barcelona

The Polisportiu Maritim is a great place!

Just to avoid confusion, even it's address is in "passeig Maritim de la Barceloneta" it is not where most of us will head if we're told "Barceloneta". It is closer to Port Olimpic, actually just behind the Hospital del Mar, and very close to the Arts & Maphre towers. The closest Metro station is Ciutadella/Vila Olímpica.

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: spa's in barcelona

Thank you both so much. This will be agreat way to ease into vacation.

9. Re: spa's in barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2010, 07:16