We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ruta De Modernisme

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Highland Mills, New...
Level Contributor
269 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Ruta De Modernisme

Hi everyone,

Does the purchase of this book and coupons allow you to skip the lines like the Art Card does?

Thanks in advance,

SA

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,748 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ruta De Modernisme

What coupon book?? Cannot find it. Web site.......??

Highland Mills, New...
Level Contributor
269 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ruta De Modernisme

I thought you get discounts at the various modernisme sites when you purchase the book. I thought it was a coupon system as opposed to a card system.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,748 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ruta De Modernisme

Smokin, I don't know what you mean by "purchase the book"

Show me the web site where you read about it or was it from Rick Steves??

Salem, Virginia
Level Contributor
122 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ruta De Modernisme

There is a Ruta de Modernisme guidebook that can be purchased in the Placa Catalunya tourist office (in the basement, window #1) for 12 euros. With this guidebook comes a discount voucher book. You can also purchase an additional voucher book for 5 euros. This site will give you all the information about the book and what the discounts are:

www.rutadelmodernisme.com

The discounts are quite good.

Highland Mills, New...
Level Contributor
269 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ruta De Modernisme

Yup, that is what I was talking about. I just wanted to know if it also allowed you to skip the lines like the art card does?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,748 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ruta De Modernisme

It does not tell you anywhere what the discount is for each site."Up to 50%" can mean little if there is one site where there is a %50 discount and all others are only 10%.

It is hard to tell if it is worthwhile unless someone who has used it can post that info.

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ruta De Modernisme

I have not used this but I have friend who have and rave about it because of the info it offers as well as the discounts. I don't know if it allows you to jump the lines like Articket; if you search this forum there have been posts, though.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,232 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ruta De Modernisme

From the website, I gather that each sight has a different discount rate. If you click on the name of the sight, you'll see the % discount.

In the top right corner, there is a little envelope. Clicking on it gives you an email address where you might be able to find out if you can skip the line.

cultura-impuqv@bcn.cat

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,748 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ruta De Modernisme

I must be blind! Clicking on the name of the site only shows opening hours and entrance price withOUT the discount.

Don't mean to make a big deal out of this but had not heard of this book before and do not see any review of it or discussion of what actual discount you get..

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,391 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ruta De Modernisme

Hi Riffsmom,

My interest is purely inquisitive after I read your last post I clicked on the link above, I then chose Casa Batllo purely at random, clicked on it on the list under discounts on the right of the page, a pop-up window opened, which, under Prices and Discounts says 'Discount of the Modernisme Route: 20% off the adult price'. I then did the same with Palau de la Musica and it has the same text