We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

few questions

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
207 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
few questions

I have been in Barcelona once before and guess every tourist knew the same places.. La rambla,Gothic,Placa Catalunya,pg de gracia etc..

1. What about Les Corts,Sarria-Sant Gervasi,Gracia,Sant Marti districts...can you advise anything?

2. is there any place to watch all around Barcelona from the top

3. Is it allowed to enter CAmp nou except match days

Spain
Level Contributor
749 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: few questions

If you want good views over the whole of Barcelona you could visit either

Parc Güell, Tibidabo or Montjuic all of which give a good panoramic view of the city and are worth a visit.

You can visit the football ground and museums during the week. More info here fcbarcelona.com/web/…horaris.html

Edited: 13 May 2010, 13:30
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: few questions

As you get already good answers for your questions #2. and #3, let's try answering the #1 :-)

- Les Corts/Sarria/Sant Gervasi: there my favorite is the Monestir de Pedralbes, a Medieval gem. You'll feel as if you were is a different town from the hectic city centre: w10.bcn.es/APPS/…index.htm

Then, walk down to Bar Tomás in Carrer Major de Sarrià 49 for the (allegedly) best 'patatas bravas" in town and if you have sweet teeth, do not miss Foix de Sarrià in Major de Sarrià, 57

(as you probably know, the FCB stadium is as well in the Les Corts area).

- Gracia: I could write pages and pages about my favorite area in town!

Better go there and discover by yourself. Great shopping and eating. Ultra-modern fashion shops neat to old groceries. Lovely small squares to sit in a cafe seeing the world go by. Alternative clubs. All kind of ethnic restaurants. Traditional food market. All this just 15 min by metro from the city centre... please don't tell anybody! ;-)))

- Sant Marti: this is a very big district, with quite different areas. The Rambla del Poble Nou is great to walk, shop, have a drink or a meal in a traditional Catalan Rambla. You can imagine how the infamous "Las Ramblas" were 50 years ago before being converted on the bigger tourist trap in town. Near the sea end you can visit the Cementiri del Poble Nou (very "Gothic" cemetery with beautiful artworks and tons of history, there are guided visits on Sundays but I think these are only in Catalan and Spanish). The area known as "22@" (near Plaça de les Glories) is a mix of ultra-hype skyscrapers signed by the most famous contemporary architects (leaded by the Torre Agbar of Jean Nouvel) and old abandoned warehouses. If you want more ultra-modern buildings, take the tram to Diagonal Mar.

... and these are just the few places than come to my mind now. Each of these areas deserve a full day exploring. You'll be not bored!

Happy travels!

Edited: 13 May 2010, 16:02
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,594 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: few questions

Belsaita, welcome back!

Biligante, I agree with Belsaita, Gracia is wonderful. There's an early Gaudí building there too which you can only see from the street unfortunately but still worth looking at (Casa Vicens on Carrer de les Carolines).

Montjuic has lots to see (museums, Mies van der Rohe's German pavilion, Poble Espanyol,) as well as the fantastic views over the harbour and the city at Miramar and Tibidabo and the city from in front of the MNAC art museum.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
207 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: few questions

wovv really wovww...thats infos are awesome..

Guess now I will explore the other face of the city..Thnk you very much..

one more question..Actually I asked it already but no any reply is received

we are 5 friends and need a jeep or similar vehicle with a Driver who will accompany us for only one day( 08:00am-22:00pm) to Figueres or may be even Perpignan

I need some company details or we can even agreed with a local person based on a satisfactory/reasonable price

5. Re: few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2010, 05:17