We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from the airport.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
90 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from the airport.

In July, we'll be staying at the Hotel HCC St. Moritz, in the Eixample neighbourhood.

How much is the taxi-fare from the airport?

Also, are there other ways to get to this hotel relatively quickly, as we're only there for four days and want to see as much of the city as possible?

Many thanks,

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from the airport.

For exhaustive info on getting in from the airport see FAQ on this page.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
90 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from the airport.

bethtanya

Thanks for that.

Can't imagine how I overlooked it.

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from the airport.

It must be easy to overlook as people often do. I hope you found what you needed.

Level Contributor
5,896 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from the airport.

The cost is approximately 30 euro. We stayed also in the Eixample area, and it was a reasonable ride from the airport perhaps around half an hour, but I was not really timing the ride. You've got one more day than we had, and we were able to see a good bit of BCN.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
14 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from the airport.

I've just returned from Barcelona, taxi from airport to Placa Catalunya was about 30 Euros. If your hotel is near Placa Catalunya I'd recommend the airport bus, we took that back to the airport. It was 5 Euros each single.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
90 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from the airport.

Thanks for the replies.

We've decided to buy the Barcelona Card, then get the train to Passeig de Gracia, as our hotel isn't far from it.

Once again thanks for the advice.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
2,640 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from the airport.

are you sure the 'barcelona card' is worth it? maybe it is in your case, but rarely it is... check the many past posts about it

you can use a t-10 for the train to passeig de gracia, and staying there is unlikely you use many rides on public transport. if you plan to visist museums, the articket is a better deal and you skip the queues (not with the barcelona card as you still have to buy the tickets for each place). do your maths before buying anything

Cardiff
Level Contributor
90 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from the airport.

gatamaula

Thanks for your post.

Our intention is to get to our hotel quickly then try to see as much of the city as possible.

Apart from the central attractions, we intend to explore further afield such as the Nou Camp, Parc de Joan Miro and the Parc Guell.

As we're only there for four whole days, we really want to see as much as possible and use the Metro whenever possible.

We also love visiting museums, art galleries etc.

Based upon this would you recommend the Barcelona Card?

Many thanks.

9. Re: Taxi from the airport.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2010, 05:17