We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to plan a 3 day visit to Barcelona

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
arizona
Level Contributor
25 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
How to plan a 3 day visit to Barcelona

Family of 4 traveling to Barcelona June 10 arrival for 3 days. Confused as to whether we should buy the Barcelona card, T10 metro pas or bus Turistic. We want to do a Gaudi walking tour and of course have tapas. We are staying in an apartment in Barceloneta beach. Please help overwhelming possibilities, trying to keep the cost reasonable

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,748 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to plan a 3 day visit to Barcelona

You have to decide first which things in the city interest you.

Then you have to do the math and see if the things are included in the Barcelona Card and/or on the bus turistico and which discounts add up to a better value.

For my sister and I we just bought the T-10 card and shared it for 4 days(5 trips each) I am more of a "do it yourself " person. Everyone is different.

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to plan a 3 day visit to Barcelona

If you search this forum I think you will find that generally folks don't find the Barcelona card to be a good deal. Check it out1

arizona
Level Contributor
25 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to plan a 3 day visit to Barcelona

Thanks,'I felt we should buy the T10 passes and do it ourselves for the most part but I would still would like to do a walking tour perhaps Gaudi for the information. Any suggestions for Tapas?

arizona
Level Contributor
25 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to plan a 3 day visit to Barcelona

Thanks I think you're right, we probably will get metro passes instead, we've traveled to London, Paris and Athens and managed fine with metro passes and attraction tickets

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,748 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to plan a 3 day visit to Barcelona

We were not able to do the Gaudi buildings/park etc. that we chose to visit all in one day so I cannot recommend a tour for you. There is info at each site and there are guide books/library books you can read ahead of time if you choose.

There are great restaurants throughout the city . Barcelona is a real foodie mecca not just tapas( which I have learned is not so typical of Catalunya for a meal).

Where will you be staying??

6. Re: How to plan a 3 day visit to Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2010, 06:30