We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car drop-off

Ireland
Level Contributor
916 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Car drop-off

Hello,

I'm arriving to Barcelona with a hire car that I have a choice of dropping off in Sants Station or BCN airport. I will be arriving via the motorway from France (A7?), and staying in an apartment on a metro line, ( not sure which, but it doesn't matter).

What I'd like to know is, which seems the better option for drop-off in terms of traffic etc? Sants sounds good as I need to get the metro anyway, but is there a lot of traffic negotiation etc versus going further out to the airport, and then working my way back into the city via train/bus?

Thank you, B

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
2,640 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Car drop-off

where your apartment is *does* matter. you may have an easier train+metro combination from the airport (or even an only-train option, or a bus option) than from sants, or the opposite (easier from sants)

actually both sants and the airport are in the 'wrong' side of the city when arriving from the north. sants station is not that bad to reach, even of course you should enter a bit the city.

Edited: 17 June 2010, 18:42
Ireland
Level Contributor
916 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car drop-off

Thank you, but I'm still none the wiser. What I really need to know is which is easier to navigate to by car, Sants or BCN? Where I'm going after that is irrelevant. I know they're both on the "wrong " side of the city. Thanks

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
2,640 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Car drop-off

i think both are easy (or difficult) to reach, hence my suggestion of deciding depending on other factors, as where you are going after, so i tried to explain you that where you go may be relevant. it makes no sense driving to sants (slightly more difficult to find, maybe, even most visitors 'succeed' finding it without big trouble) and then using the metro with 3 changes in case you live near to a stop in the train from the airport line, this was my point. or you can drive longer for a (maybe) easier way to the airport (i know a few who were lost going there) and then having a very long way back home.

Edited: 17 June 2010, 22:07
4. Re: Car drop-off

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2010, 09:06