We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any discount coupons for admission tkt, food, transportation

San Francisco
Level Contributor
647 posts
Save Topic
any discount coupons for admission tkt, food, transportation

Does anyone know of discount for Barcelona.

We plan to go to Sagrada Familia, La Pareda, Picasso Museum.

park Guell, any discount for this ?

Also, can we fit these 4 places in 11/2 days ( Saturday whole

day and Sunday 9 to approx. 12 noon) . What would do you

on Sunday morning to use up the 3 hours for that morning ?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,668 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any discount coupons for admission tkt, food, transportation

Parc Guell is free. I don't know what you mean by La Pareda?

Do you mean the restaurant La Paradeta? It is an inexpensive restaurant for fresh seafood/fish.

I don't see why you couldn't do those few things in 1 1/2 days. Everything is open into the evening so you might even do it in one day depending on how long you stay at the park.

The T-10 card is good value for bus/metro transportation.

It can be shared by several people so its 10 rides would be 5 rides for 2 people or 3 rides for 3 people with one extra ride.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
2,640 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: any discount coupons for admission tkt, food, transportation

park güell is free, and it will be my option for sunday morning, maybe together with sagrada familia (exterior)

sagrada familia building is founded trough the entrance fees, only discounts for seniors, students and under 18. you must know that as it's unfinished visiting the interior is not everyone's taste, but in any case with your limited time i will just not bother entering (imho you can better invest the time queuing there in something else)

no discounts i'm aware for la pedrera and picasso museum (apart of senior and students discounts). if you are visiting another museum in the 'articket' will be worth it: www.articketbcn.org

Stamford...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: any discount coupons for admission tkt, food, transportation

A suggestion for Sunday morning would be to visit the Cathedral. It is free entry till noon. At noon, when you exit there are usually the Santana dances. A local "bit of color", spontaneous folk dancing with a local band. You could then spend some time wandering thru the Gothic area or down Las Ramblas to the Columbus monument. (Don't confuse the Cathdral with the Gaudi Church).

On our full day, we called it our Gaudi Day:

We were able to visit La Sagrada Familia (went inside to see the Construction but did not wait on line for the elevator to the tower, since you can see a great view of Barcleona from the roof of La Padrera. We then went to La padrera, (worthwhile to pay the admission fee), Casa Batilio (not worth the cost of admission after seeing La Padrera,, but worth looking at the outside and then took a train to Park Guell. (It was a long walk, there may be a better route by bus or taxi)

From the park we took a taxi back to Las Ramblas and enjoyed a stroll from Plaza de Cataluna to the Columbus Monument. The T10 ticket is a worthwhile investment, since you can hand it to the next person as soon as you have used it.

Boston...
Level Contributor
208 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any discount coupons for admission tkt, food, transportation

If you plan on going to Sagrada Familia early in the day (around the time when it opens, 9:00AM), then the queues aren't that bad and next to non-existant for the elevators to the tops of the towers. I went on a weekday and had a 5 minute queue to get in a little after 9:00AM. In addition, there weren't any queues for the elevators when I was there either. I still think that going inside is worth it, but many people on these boards don't think so.

If you plan on going to go to the Cathedral on Sunday, you might want to check to see if there are services going on. If so, what you are allowed to visit is restricted. [http://www.catedralbcn.org]. Also, while the entrance to the church is free Sunday morning, it will cost to see the inside of the choir seats (in the middle of the church) as well as take the elevator to the roof (which might not run on Sundays). During what the Cathedral calls, "Turistica" visits (usually between 1:00-5:00PM) there is an entrance fee of 5 EUR, but everything is open and there is no extra charge to see things that do charge when the church is "free."

The Sardana dancers are a good take as well. Sometimes they dance on Saturday nights as well, if you'd like to see them and that time fits into your schedule better.

While I visited both Gaudi houses (Casa Mila and Casa Batllo), I enjoyed Casa Batllo much better. The best part of Casa Mila (La Pedrera) is the rooftop, the rest of the house is more of an exhibit about all of Gaudi's works and not about that house. Casa Batllo, on the other hand, only focused on that one specific house and its architecture. The rooftop here is also amazing as are the rooms of the house. [http://www.casabatllo.es/]

To get from downtown Barcelona/Paseig de Gracia to Parc Guell, you can take Bus 24 to the side entrance.

If you do purchase the Articket, you can jump the queues at La Pedrera and the Picasso museum.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
114 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: any discount coupons for admission tkt, food, transportation

The Art Ticket will save you some money as long as you see 3 places. Most of the museums are open until 8PM including Sat. On Sunday they are only open until 2:30PM. LaPedrera is part of the museum ticket package

San Francisco
Level Contributor
647 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: any discount coupons for admission tkt, food, transportation

Hi, I guess I am getting mixed up on the "Cathederal" mentioned here.

What is the whole name and which area of Barcelona is it located in ?

The link that was sent in the previous e mail was in Spanish, so does

not help me who does not understand Spanish. Thanks so much.

Also, I was wondering among the places that I know for sure i want to

visit, La Sagrada, Batolo house or Mila house ( probably one of this )

Park Guell, Picasso Museum, and probably the Cathederal that all of you

mention , if I use the T10 card, does it mean each stop that I get off to see these sites, I have to use the T10 card again wehn I continue on to

see the next sites. HOw much is one trip cost anyway. I presume the

t10 card is for Metro ( underground), not the regular buses, am I

correct ? What is the internet site for the "buses" and the "metro"

By the way, it seems like the Turistic bus stop at each of the site that I

want to visit, am I coorect or is there some place that I have to get off

the turisitic bus and catch a train/metro, another bus after that Thanks a

lot. I have no knowledge of how this works ?

cold north
Level Contributor
353 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: any discount coupons for admission tkt, food, transportation

Last time we were in Barcelona, we paid Senior rate for the Casa Mila. Does anyone know if the Battlo also offers Senior rates? What about the museums? Thanks.

8. Re: any discount coupons for admission tkt, food, transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 July 2010, 10:13
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
3,554 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: any discount coupons for admission tkt, food, transportation

CPM,

if you refer to http://www.catedralBCN.org given by B 76, it's in Catalan, go to eg www.catedralbcn.org/Guia/GuiaGeneral01.html

and scroll down to English page (7 , between 5 and 6 :)

or catedralbcn.org/catbcn/…horaris.htm > Celebracions>Misses (H.Mass/es) in IExplorer

www.arTicketBCN.org (given by Gm) openes again in Catalan

and at its bottom left corner there are :

castellano | english

To understand eg T10 ticket , here an example of forum search :

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?scope=2&ff=44&geo=187497&q=t10&sub-search.x=0&sub-search.y=0&sub-search=Click+to+search+forums&returnTo=__2F__

you can find lots of info in previous topics related to your questions , also Bus Turistic

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187497-i44-k27281…

Btw pls see stops and the distance to places of your interest at

http://www.barcelonabusturistic.cat

(language change box top-left )

You can also use Google / maps and many facilities of theirs,

ty

A?

http://translate.google.com

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: any discount coupons for admission tkt, food, transportation

CarnivalPrideMexico: there is only one cathedral in Barcelona (as a big church is not a cathedral unless it contains the seat of a bishop). It's full name is "Església Catedral Basilica de la Santa Creu i Santa Eulàlia de Barcelona" but as you can figure NO ONE call it with its long name. It's just "La Catedral" or "La Seu" (this last name name seems popular in some forums and travel guides but actually I never heard a local using it). It is a beautiful Gothic building and it's (logically) located in the Medieval quarter, Gotic area, just 10 minutes walking from plaça de Catalunya or Las Ramblas.

Regarding transport options, you must understand the differences between the Bus Turistic and the regular transport cards. The Bus Turistic will take you around town in a leisurely way, and yes it stops in many points of interest. However, it will not take you to "right in front" of some sights, like the Picasso Museum as it's in a narrow street. The Bus Turistic is good to get a general layout of the city and (maybe) to visist some distant sights (in your case only the Park Güell). It is a expensive way to move around, but you must consider the time you spend in the transport itself (with the explanations trough the earphones, etc) as sightseeing time.

If you only want to visit the palces in your list, you will save time and money using regular transport (metro or buses). The T-10 is a transport card that allows you 10 trips not only by metro, but to all transports integrated in the TMB system (most of the transports in town, including bus, tram or train within the city limits). So, you can use it on the train from/to the airport (not in the Aerobus at it belongs to a different company). The T-10 card does cost now 7.95€. Therefore, each trip will cost you about 80cents. Every time you enter a transport you must validate the card and a trip is discounted. You can share the card (i.e. 2 people = 5 rides each). If you buy single tickets each trip will cost you 1.40€

You may check http://www.tmb.net/en_US/home.jsp (TMB transport authority website)

Yo may not need to use many trips, as the old town must better be seen on foot.

You can easily walk from Casa Milà (La Pedrera) to Casa Batlló (10-15 minutes) and from there to Plaça de Cataluyna (10 min), and then the Cathedral (less than 10 minutes). You then can walk around the Gotic area and keep walking to the Picasso Museum in El Born (not more than 15-20 minutes if you go straight from the Cathedral). The beauty of the Gotic/Born areas is walking on their narrow streets, getting lost and discovering nice corners. Do not miss the Santa Maria del Mar church (very close to the Picasso museum, IMHO the most beautiful church in town) and the patio of the Textile Museum (in front of Picasso Museum) where you'll find a cute cafe. You can easily do all this in one day, even including the Sagrada Familia (going there by metro or bus) as the city is very compact. I would finish the day in El Born area, as you will find plenty of nice places for dinner and drinks there.

The only sight in your list that's really out of the way is Park Güell, but it's very easy to reach using the bus #24 from Plaça de Catalunya or Passeig de Gracia.

So, do your maths and decide what really appeals to you. You can use the Bus Turistic if you prefer seeing the layout of the "whole" town (keeping in mid the Bus Turistc will not take you around the Medieval area) or you can focus on walking in the old town, and using the odd trip by regular metro or bus to reach Sagrada Familia and Park Güell.

Happy travels!

Edited: 20 July 2010, 10:33