We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant offers, translation please

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Helsinki
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant offers, translation please

I found this site with Barcelona restaurants, they have some offers. I understand that tasting menu 50% off, can someone translate, please and thank you!

thefork.com/2_restaurant/…

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant offers, translation please

If you click the British flag on the top right of the menu page it appears in english.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,238 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant offers, translation please

But it turns again to Spanish when you click on the special offer....

You can use google web translator

In any case, Traveler_FI, yes the first offer (¡50% de Descuento en Menú!) is a 50% discount on the dinner tasting menu at Sky Bar.

The second offer (¡Menú Mediodía!) is their lunch menu for 14.50€ (without drinks). You can actually get this offer right at the place, this is just their regular "menu del dia" offer. I have been there a few times for lunch, it is worth it for a change when you fancy a hype place for a reasonable price. At lunchtime you do not need to book in advance, the place is big and I never seen it more than half-full (I don't know at dinner time)

This place is a very nice option of you're staying nearby (but not where I would go on purpose in case you have to 'travel' to reach it, hope this makes sense)

Bon profit!

Edited: 04 August 2010, 12:59
Helsinki
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant offers, translation please

Thanks!

If I translated right the 50% offer is only valid on sundays and thursdays (jueves)

We are staying at Rambla de Poble Nou. .

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,238 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant offers, translation please

No, the offer is from Sundays to Thursdays (so, only not valid on Friday and Saturday evenings)

Helsinki
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant offers, translation please

Ok

Can you now see why I asked for translation :)

barcelona
Level Contributor
254 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant offers, translation please

Hi, it doesn't seem, on the face of it, such a good deal (but I've never been there ... so the food may be out of this world) but two courses, a dessert and a half bottle of house wine for 22,50 is not what I would normally regard as a tasting menú, nor such a good deal. This past Tuesday, for example, I (and four others) enjoyed an excellent 4 course menu on a terrace with beautiful views with a liter of good wine, bread, 1 and a half liters of gaseosa, 1 and a half liters of water, and a complimentary salad of the day to share, with homemade desserts, and with coffee with brandy (carajillo) for just 17 euros each plus 8% tax. I had a selection of pates, followed by escudella, followed with potato stuffed with forcemeat, followed with chicken cooked with prunes and pinenuts, followed with cheesecake followed with coffee with Magno (and I could have chosen Mascaro) brandy. No discounts, no special offers. ¡Buen provecho! Regards.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,238 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant offers, translation please

haarlson: I agree with you that you can get a good dinner in many places for less than 20€. But at the Sky Bar you are paying for creative cuisine in a very fancy place. Eating there a la carte will cost you easily 50-60€. You can think it's worth it, or you may not. I will not say it's 'out of this world' but what I got was always good (but as said above, I only went there for lunch... we can get much cheaper 'menus del dia' as well in this area but some timer we fancy something posher ;-))

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,042 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant offers, translation please

Hey haarlson, Care to share the name of the restaurant you were enjoying??

barcelona
Level Contributor
254 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant offers, translation please

Hi, yes, belsaita I think I know what you're saying, and I'm not averse to fancy places (Gelonch, Tram-Tram, Alkimia, Comerç 24 etc etc) However, I maintain, two dishes, in my book, does not a tasting menu make. Tasting menu at Gelonch, for example, - 9 dishes. Tasting menu Tram-Tram 7 dishes (if I recall correctly). What's being offered is a menú del noche. I think customers may be disappointed if they think what they'll be getting is a tasting menú.

No problem with name of restaurant - El Forn - no website - and I cannot recall precise address, off Meridiana between Glories and Sant Adria, and I have misplaced their card, but this how they describe the dishes they offer: Cuina tradicional catalana. Especialitats de la casa: Patates farcides artesanes, pastís de verdura i pastís d'escalivada, conill amb figues, bacallà amb panses i pinyons i peus de porc amb castanyes. Excellent value.

Regards.

10. Re: Restaurant offers, translation please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2011, 06:20