We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sagrada Familia vs. Casa Bátllo vs. Casa Milá

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Madrid
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Sagrada Familia vs. Casa Bátllo vs. Casa Milá

Hello

It seems that everybody has a different view on whenever or not it is worth paying to enter in the three places mentioned above. What do you think? Which one should I pay to see and which one should I just look at from the outside.

Has anybody been to Casa Bátllo at nigh? What happens?

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
185 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sagrada Familia vs. Casa Bátllo vs. Casa Milá

I do very much like the Casa Batlo and the roof of the Casa Mila is amazing, and the view is worth going up. I would say that the Sagrada Familia might not be very interesting to visit inside.

Suzy

Cocoonbarcelona

Boston...
Level Contributor
208 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sagrada Familia vs. Casa Bátllo vs. Casa Milá

I would recommend paying to see the inside of all three. On my trip to Barcelona, I paid to see all three and would recommend doing so.

If you are going to pay to go inside Sagrada Familia, I would definitely go early in the day to avoid the long queues, which is why I suspect people don't recommend going inside. I went early in the day, around the time that they openend, so I waited for less than 5 minutes, but when I left the queue was around the block and then some more. I was able to walk around the church, take both elevators and take advatage of one of the guided tours. I definitely think it's worth the cost to get to see this buidling up close.

Personally, I prefer Casa Batllo to Casa Mila, but I would still say that you should pay to see the insides of both. The buildings are very different and each has its own flavor to be enjoyed.

If you are doing other art musuems around Barcelona, then you should look into the Articket, which includes Casa Mila (La Pedrera), that might help defry the cost of seeing all these wonderful buildings. [http://www.articketbcn.org/en/]

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,189 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sagrada Familia vs. Casa Bátllo vs. Casa Milá

Only you know what you're going to like about each place, based upon your personal interests. If you have the time, plan to visit the inside of all 3. We enjoyed them all, for different reasons mentioned in our trip report (sorry it's very long but I try to give as much detail as possible to help future travelers). I noticed your other post about Montserrat. Go early in the am to avoid the crowds and you will see this place at its best.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187497-i44-k37775…

Paradise Valley...
Level Contributor
71 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sagrada Familia vs. Casa Bátllo vs. Casa Milá

We just got back from Spain and toured both Sagrada Familia(awesome) and Casa Mila(rooftop is amazing).... If we had one more day in Barcelona, we would have done Casa Battlo ...So we contented ourselves with looking at the exterior at night.... It is beautiful at night as the colors come alive...definitely worth a night visit. Look at a guidebook of Gaudi's masterpieces while you are in Barcelona and decide whether Casa Battlo is worth a visit or not...I think we bought ours from the Sagrada Familia...

Park Guell is another Gaudi masterpiece that is definitely worth visiting...Whatever you decide....have fun.

PV

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
55 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sagrada Familia vs. Casa Bátllo vs. Casa Milá

To my opinion, seeing the inside of La Sagrada Familia is a must, as it is a living piece of history. Plus, once you get to the top, you're rewarded with spectacular views of the city. But, as another poster suggested, I'd recommend getting there either very early or pretty late in the day, because around midday the lines become atrocious.

Casa Mila's rooftop alone is worth the entry fee, in my opinion. We did Sagrada Familia during our first visit to Barcelona and Casa Mila the second.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
88 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sagrada Familia vs. Casa Bátllo vs. Casa Milá

We are heading to Barcelona in late October. Do you think we'll still have the problems with long lines even after the summer rush?

USA
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sagrada Familia vs. Casa Bátllo vs. Casa Milá

I am always amazed that some folks don't find the inside of Sagrada Familia interesting. In my view, it's amazing, absolutely amazing. It brought me to tears. I was fascinated by the pillars, which seemed like magical tree trunks to me but ended at the ceiling as beautiful flower-like tops. The amazing use of light. And so much more. Just incredible. I hope to return to Barna many times, and I suspect I'll want some time in Sagrada Familia each time. Now, I can understand folks who are bothered by construction dust. We went on a Sunday, no construction that day.

I also loved Casa Battlo. I found Casa Mila interesting because of the exhibit on Gaudi's work, and the rooftop is absolutely breathtaking. If I had limited time, I would make sure to see Sagrada Familia (including inside) and Casa Battlo. I would choose Parc Guell over Casa Mila if I had to choose, but I love the outdoors and enjoyed getting onto some of the paths there. Really, though, I'd just hope you get to all of these sites.

Palm Beach Gardens...
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sagrada Familia vs. Casa Bátllo vs. Casa Milá

I say Casa Mila is a must see for it's amazing rooftop...and cannot imagine passing up on the Sagrada Familia.......as mentioned above, no trip to Barcelona is complete withous going to Parc Guell...... there is so much to see in this City that I am headed back for my 3rd time in Sept.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,070 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sagrada Familia vs. Casa Bátllo vs. Casa Milá

We did all 3 and Parc Guell, loved them all. The inside of the SF was fascinating, even more so because it is a work in progress. We loved the roof of the Casa Mila. Gaudi was a genius. I can guarantee I'll be back in BCN one day.

10. Re: Sagrada Familia vs. Casa Bátllo vs. Casa Milá

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2011, 09:15