We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eixample apartment for 3 adults

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
245 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Eixample apartment for 3 adults

Hi I am looking for a 2br apartment for 3 adults in Eixample. It will be for 8 days in Jan 2011. I am looking for a safe area but close to restaurants. We like something quite nice decor wise.

Any help is appreciated- thanks:)

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eixample apartment for 3 adults

If you search this forum you can find many threads about good rental agents, which would be the place to start.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
245 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eixample apartment for 3 adults

Thanks- I have been searching this forum for days now and feel like I am going around in circles. If anyone could just suggest a rental agency that has nice apartments in this area I would be very grateful.

Manchester
Level Contributor
548 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eixample apartment for 3 adults

Try booking.com thats where I booked an apartment for myself and my son this summer and it was good!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
245 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eixample apartment for 3 adults

Thanks I will check them out.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
245 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eixample apartment for 3 adults

Well I have tried gobcn, Home away and booking.com with no success.

Any other suggestions? Going crazy trying to find something:(

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,682 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eixample apartment for 3 adults

Perhaps if you mentioned what the prob was with the booking sites mentioned folks could help more?? Was price the issue? Was decor the issue?? Perhaps you are looking for something that does not exist?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
245 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eixample apartment for 3 adults

No the prices were fine- we are happy to spend up to 1400 Euros for 8 nights.

We need the internet - which most had.

Yes a lot of them the decor was an issue (sorry I'm an Interior Designer so a bit fussy).

With a lot there was only 1 sofa for 2 people in the living room. We are travelling with our 17 year old son in January- so need seating for 3 adults.

1 bathroom is fine.

I am also looking at staying in Eixample. I saw some lovely properties in other areas but not here,

Any ideas of apartments or agencies I should try would be great- thanks:)

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
245 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eixample apartment for 3 adults

1 extra thing- we need 2 bedrooms. Many of the apartments had 1 bedroom and a sofa bed. I would rather pay the extra for a separate 2nd bedroom.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,262 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eixample apartment for 3 adults

Julesh, hope this works out for you. Here are 2 ideas. The first one is Vacation Rentals By Owner (VRBO). I've rented apartments listed on this website in Mexico City and Paris, but not Barcelona. There might be some nice apts. that suit you but you still need to read the reviews carefully and make sure that you are dealing with an honest landlord.

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…barcelona

The second idea is linked below. It's a beautiful apartment hotel on Passeig de Gracia, diagonally across from Gaudi's Casa Mila (aka La Pedrera). I considered renting it myself when we visited but we didn't need that much space so we ended up at 2 nice hotels. SUITES AVENUE BARCELONA is operated by Derby Hotels and the bldg is designed by Japanese architect Toyo Ito. Another TA member, SmokinActuary, stayed there recently. You can send him a private message or perhaps, he'll chime in with his comments about the place.

derbyhotels.com/Suites-Avenue-Barcelona-Serv…

Edited: 16 August 2010, 01:04
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,262 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eixample apartment for 3 adults

Here is the specific link that gives you pictures of the Suites Hotel interior.

derbyhotels.com/Suites-Avenue-Barcelona-Apar…