We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Articket Barcelona

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Topic
Question about Articket Barcelona

Hi,

Has someone bought this before? Could you help me with my problems?

With the Articket can I enter one of the 7 art centres more than once?

Can the Articket be used by anyone or only a designated person?

Thank you very much!

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about Articket Barcelona

You may enter a given museum only once with Articket.

You can give it to others, it does not have your name on it.

Have a great time in Barcelona.

Luka Müller

http://PromptGuides.com/

Preplanned city guides for first time travelers

Edited: 01 September 2010, 10:06
Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,411 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about Articket Barcelona

Luka,

Please read the section in the posting guidelines on self-promotion (particularly the section for business owners and representatives), You can post advice and use the business name but you cannot post links to your website

barcelona
Level Contributor
254 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about Articket Barcelona

"You may enter a given museum only once with Articket."

Hi, appears to be some confusion here.

Not sure where Luka Muller got this information from but when using my ArtTicket I was told by staff at MNAC, MACBA and the Picasso Museum that I could re-visit again for free within 6 months when using the card. Hope that's useful

Edited: 01 September 2010, 16:01
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about Articket Barcelona

Hello haarlsonBarcelona,

Think about it what a fraud opportunity that would be.

The Articket does not have your name on it. You could buy one ticket and have whole Barcelona visit the museums for 6 months.

Are you sure that they said re-visit? Or said that the ticket is valid for 6 months.

I put out a blog post about this. I placed photos of the ticket (front and back) in the post.

Here is the link to the blog post:

promptguides.com/blog/…

Luka

---

Luka Müller

PromptGuides.com

Preplanned City Guides for First Time Travelers

barcelona
Level Contributor
254 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about Articket Barcelona

Hi, when I used my articket at MACBA they scribbled on the ticket and gave me an admission ticket for a repeat visit. When I used the ticket at MNAC they ticked the ticket and said I could re-visit - once - in the next six months. Not my fault. I didn't ask them too. Don't see your point about mass fraud. regards

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about Articket Barcelona

Hi, I think you got lucky.

I wrote an email to info@articketbcn.org just to make absolutely sure that I am not mistaking. This is the official email of the organization that offers Articket.

This is the reply that I received:

"Dear Luke,

With the articketBCN you can only visit once each of the museums, during the period of 6 months.

sincerely,

Name (I deleted the name for privacy reasons)

articketBCN group"

Luka

PromptGuides

barcelona
Level Contributor
254 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Question about Articket Barcelona

Hi, still a rip-off though, especially when you consider ALL the major museums in London are free all year round, and some of the better exhibition spaces in Barcelona, Parés, MiTo, CaixaForum, La Pedrera etc etc etc are free. 44€ a year to visit just 7 art museums twice isn't very much of a bargain. It's only a deal when compared with the arbitrary 'price' of viewing artwork already owned by local taxpayers. Regards.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,824 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question about Articket Barcelona

For a short term visitor the price of 20 e makes it worth while if you go to at least 3 of the included museums. The fact that you can also skip lines with this pass also adds to its usefulness. You will have to do the math to see which museums interest you and then decide if it is worthwhile.

I believe that the normal MNAC entry fee of 8.50e is good for 2 days.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
114 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Question about Articket Barcelona

The MNAC is good for 2nd day re-entry, they will tell you that when you go in. We were just there in July and purchased the ticket. A good deal for us as we visited 4 of the museums

Ithaca, New York
Level Contributor
679 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Question about Articket Barcelona

Actually, we thought the Articket was a fabulous deal- the line skipping made it worth the price alone, and we visited several museums that we wouldn't have considered if they were already paid for on the Articket. Loved Antoni Tapies, especially since we went there on our first day and saw his works in at least 3 other musuems we visited during our stay. (MNAC, MAACBA, Montserrat)

Yes, there are free musuems in London, and in Washington DC for that matter. So? We're talking about Barcelona here.

My understanding is that the Articket is meant for 1 visit to each museum. If a certain museum counts their '1 visit' as 'you can visit this particular museum x times on this ticket', fine, but you should not expect that to happen for each museum. Each musuem will have their own procedure, but it typically involves going to the 'group sales' desk where they will mark your Articket as used for that museum, and hand you a ticket for the museum. This ticket may be good for more than one entry to that particular museum, depending on the individual rules of that musuem.