We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

left luggage in Barcelona?

ireland
Level Contributor
45 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
left luggage in Barcelona?

Is there a place to leave luggage for the day in central Barcelona can anyone advise please.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: left luggage in Barcelona?

Hola Pips!

Yes indeedy! Easy peasy lemon squeezy (thats just to cheer up darius in karachi!)

www.elracodelbici.com open winter 10am-7pm 7days a week.

Or if you use the forum search engine you will find a little more info such as left luggage at Sants and Estacio de França railway stations

bon viatge!

Chris

Edited: 15 November 2010, 18:40
Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: left luggage in Barcelona?

Important Correction-

i meant to write Estacio del Nord and NOT Estacio de Françia which only handles left luggage if you have a time machine to go back in time, it no longer does left luggage. Sorry sorry my mistake

chris

ireland
Level Contributor
45 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: left luggage in Barcelona?

Thank Chris your reply was very helpful. :))))))))))))

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,537 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: left luggage in Barcelona?

Hi,

Just for future reference there is now a section in the 'FAQ - How do I get from the Airport to my hotel / city centre and vice versa?' on left luggage

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: left luggage in Barcelona?

Great news Doff!

But i have never read any of the FAQs and it seems a lot of others dont either. Like i doubt it will be MY must see and do Barcelona, and do we cover ALL airports serving Barcelona! :-D

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,537 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: left luggage in Barcelona?

Yes it covers BCN, Girona and Reus and also the Cruise port (and gives brief mention to the rail and bus station)

Well TA introduced FAQs as a way to make forums more interesting and useful by removing the mundane commonly repeated questions that often clog them. As you say they have not been an unqualified success with many people not seeing them, but TA want us to encourage people to use them, If we give up on them rather than encouraging people to use them, we will be stuck in a groundhog day of repeated questions.

If you notice three of the main FAQs (the four at the top) which are the only ones I and other DE's direct attention to) are factual rather than opinion based and are genuinely frequently asked. The fourth, the 'must sees' which caters for the tourist rather than a regular visitor like you,, is again a pretty standard list of the attractions of Barcelona

You obviously treat every post as an opportunity and find it a pleasure to answer every question fulsomely, but many of use do get a little tired of answering the same question time after time after time, so I took a little effort to set up FAQs on this and other forums, which has saved me lots of and effort that is better spent answering more specific questionst. Another good thing about them is that behind each one is a Traveller Article which can be edited and answered by anyone who wishes to add to the store of knowledge.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: left luggage in Barcelona?

I never see the FAQs as they arent included on the mobile version of TA. I only connect to the full site to answer PMs from members asking me questions directly and i always say 'ask everyone on the forum'.

''you obviously treat every post as an OPPORTUNITY (???) and find it a pleasure to answer every question FULSOMELY (???)''

I am part of a community interested in travel and sharing information with fellow members, while i share i learn.

I dont like the use of the word 'opportunity' same as i dont like questions not being answered for days or weeks.

If someone asks a question, i think they deserve an answer, they have come to us for help and advice. And when the 'fulsomely' information is posted i know for a fact that countless others read it and benefit from it.

I would rather attract people to TA and its services than away from it with weblinks and no substance. Good posts on the forum can be tops on google and other search engines and that can only be good for our community.Yes this takes time and i am happy along with very many others to lend a hand in our spare time to help others in the hope that others (DEs) can get on with the really important work.

No, i dont like the word 'opportunity'. Its an opportunity for me to learn a lot more about a city i am passionate about. ANYONE can contribute or add to answers if they so wish, and i would love to have many more members contribute.

Opportunity!?!

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: left luggage in Barcelona?

I really really DON'T like that word opportunity!!!

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,537 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: left luggage in Barcelona?

I meant it in the sense of an opportunity to start a dialogue, not a routine question and answer, and by fulsomely I meant you answer with great enthusiasm and detail. There was nothing judgemental in either word

Edited: 16 November 2010, 10:32
Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,537 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: left luggage in Barcelona?

Actually I'm going to take umbrage as well, you have several times made snide comments about the fact that I sometimes post links, that above looks like another one, I have built up a collection of useful websites over the last couple of years that have extensive useful information, more than you or I could provide or that provide current info like the Barcelona tourist guide with its guide to Xmas and the Monserrat trains, and its list of which restaurants are open over Xmas, or Le Cool or Guia del Ocio (the later two I notice you are now posting links to).

I've not been contributing anywhere near as much to this forum as i used to because most of the time, you or the inestimable Belsaita and a couple more recent prolific posters have most things covered, I think its maybe time I took a break from it altogether for a while and concentrated on my other forums.