We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chris The Scotsman

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Chris The Scotsman

To the Friends of Chris Fraser, I have some sad news. Chis died last night after a short illness. I am Michael his broter in law and I am tring to let his many friends on Trip Advisor know. If you need any further information you can contact me mrmike//at//gmx.co.uk

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Michael

Barcelona
Level Contributor
845 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Chris The Scotsman

Hello Michael,

I am petrified to read this. I could not meet Chris in person but his enthusiasm and generosity played a big role in this forum. Please pass on our condolences and best wishes to the family.

Edinburgh, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Chris The Scotsman

Hi pocabroma

I certainly will pass on your condolences to his father Bob, sister Gill and his mother Margaret. It is good to know he had such good friends and was so highly regarded on this forum.

Thank you.

Michael

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,224 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chris The Scotsman

I can hardly believe that this is real??

I am in shock!--more later

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chris The Scotsman

On no, I'm in shock too... How unbelievable sad news.

RIP Chris, you'll be missed. My condolences to the family.

USA
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chris The Scotsman

Oh my! I'm stunned by this.

Condolences to the family. Chris was a lovely member of this community.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
202 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chris The Scotsman

What very sad news. Chris alway gave such good, interesting advice. He will be much missed on the forum. Condolences to his family and friends.

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chris The Scotsman

Horrible news

I hadf the pleasure of meeting him two weeks ago during his last visit and got the impression that he was a great man

My condolences to his family

Ambler
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Chris The Scotsman

Oh my! I'm terribly sorry to hear that.

I have not been around long, but Chris was a great member of the community. He was always so enthusiastic about Spain, and passionate about Art. He definitely was quick to help others out where he could.

May he RIP

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
6,653 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chris The Scotsman

Can't believe it ..

I just joined TA some weeks ago but it was time enough for seeing Chris helping everybody here.

He worked so hard planning the TA Barcelona meeting that i met him that saturday just for telling "thanks for your hard work doing it". at the end we were 1 hour talking and walking around barri gotic .. he was so friendly and knew all about barcelona that was really easy spend that time listening him.

Best wishes to the family.

Edited: 30 December 2010, 16:26
Nicosia
Level Contributor
3 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chris The Scotsman

Very sorry to hear this! I never actually met your brother but i read a large number of his postings, since i am travelling with my family to barcelona next week! With them he helped a lot of fellow travellers!