We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona airport to Hotel Arrahona in South Sabadell

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
787 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelona airport to Hotel Arrahona in South Sabadell

Please can you advise which way to get from Airport to Hotel. Also does anyone know if this area of Barcelona is in Zone 1 and therefore worth buying a T10 ticket. Also is the Barcelona Card good value? My daughter is travelling with her two teenagers. I know Barcelona FC is a definite and probably the zoo.

Advice from people who know Barcelona would be most welcome.

France, Andorra, and Spain from...
1,047 reviews
from US$145.40*
Special Offer
Priority Access: Barcelona Sagrada...
2,951 reviews
from US$43.90*
US$48.80
Barcelona City Tour, Sagrada Familia...
1,652 reviews
from US$111.40*
Special Offer
Montserrat and Oller del Mas Tour...
442 reviews
from US$111.74*
US$117.62
Barcelona
Level Contributor
480 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona airport to Hotel Arrahona in South Sabadell

Going with the public transport you will have to take a train from the airport to Barcelona Sants and then change to R4 train towards Manresa and get off at Sabadell Sud.

Looking at the timetable it's roughly one hour journey:

renfe.com/viajeros/…index.html

Bear in mind though that Sabadell Sud is already in the second zone so you will have to buy the T10 ticket for two zones, which costs 16.40e.

In my personal opinion T10 is the best ticket and Barcelona Card rarely pays itself off. Not to mention that it's only available for travel within the 1st zone so presumably of no use to you.

Edited: 03 January 2011, 21:48
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona airport to Hotel Arrahona in South Sabadell

Do you know that Sabadell is not Barcelona, but a nearby town, about 25Km away? (I hope you have a good reason for staying there, nothing bad about Sabadell, but not convenient at all if your aim is visiting the sights in Barcelona)

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
787 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelona airport to Hotel Arrahona in South Sabadell

Yes, but reading some reviews it seemed a quieter, safe area to stay in and we thought travelling in and out once a day wouldn't be too bad.

Price is very important and most of the central apartments or hotels seem to be over the limit. I found one geographically closer but without a rail connection and reviews showed about one hour on a bus - it was near the sea.

If you have any suggestions the booking is able to be changed and recommendations would be much appreciated. For the 5 nights the cost at present is £250 but obviously the cost of local transport has to be added to this.

Many apartments near La Ramblas are either quoted as being not safe or if nice are very expensive. Which area of the City would you recommend?

They will also want to visit Barcelona FC.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelona airport to Hotel Arrahona in South Sabadell

ANY area of the city (except the lower end of Las Ramblas, and still...) is reasonably safe, as far you keep in mind you're in a big city where not everybody is an angel.

No need to stay out of the city (I must insist, there is no real need to). However, if you want to be out of Barcelona at least choose a less industrial and more charming town to stay.

5. Re: Barcelona airport to Hotel Arrahona in South Sabadell

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2011, 08:18