We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cant decide between some hotels

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
cant decide between some hotels

really stuck on booking a hotel.

narrowed it down to a few, we have looked at soho hotel for 2 nights at the end of next month, read great reviews but no tea making facility for my mum lol and read its a bit noisy on the main road. other option is villa emelia, read great things but just off the main road , however i prefer the look of the soho as its ultra modern and i really have my heart set for some reason on a really modern hotel lol.

few cheaper options we looked at would be b hotel, which i know is going further out of the town, or the wilson boutique. u232 hotel , maybe barcelona universal and vincci arena. i know its a lot, but between soho and villa emailia which sounds best, then out of all the others which is the most modern, best reviews and central and nice area. iv been reading up on so all so much its just bombarding me now. thanks

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,090 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cant decide between some hotels

Have you checked out Hotel Denit? I haven't stayed there but it's modern and nearer to Av. del Portal de l'Angel. You won't have to drag all your shopping so far!

Regarding the lack of tea-making facility, I've read the same complaint over and over about Barcelona hotels. Even when we stayed at the AC Diplomatic (with free mini-bar containing all kinds of juices, water and beer), there was no hot-water machine. Sometimes, I travel with a little electric coil heater. Just an idea for you.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187497-d120760…

Edited: 23 February 2011, 00:29
uk
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cant decide between some hotels

yea i will have a look at that , thanks, but the prices are just showing in euros at the min on the website ha, what would you go for between the others then?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,090 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cant decide between some hotels

I've stayed at the B Hotel and enjoyed it very much but as you said, it's a bit far, especially for shopping and only 2 days.

The Soho is part of the same hotel group as the Jazz and the B. It's in a very convenient location. I guess I would go with that.

uk
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cant decide between some hotels

see i want to go for the soho mums saying shes put off by it being on the main road so the noise puts her off and its the most expensive of the ones were looking at.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,090 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cant decide between some hotels

Excerpt of a Feb. 6 review of the Hotel Denit:

The Hotel Denit is clean, quiet and perfectly located in the Barri Gothic area of Barcelona. From Denit you can easily access museums, shopping and the metro. There are some terrific non-touristy restaurants within walking distance to enjoy great tapas and wine. Denit is located on a quiet pedestrian street so there is no street noise.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,310 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cant decide between some hotels

Villa Emilia is one block up from Gran Via and isn't a noisy location (I walk past in regularly). It's slightly nearer Catalunya than B-Hotel but similar location (Vincci Arena is that bit further again being beyond Plaça Espanya); all are better locations than the Barri Gotic for visiting Montjuic which has various sights too. And you can get the metro or bus right to Catalunya easily enough. Loads of bars and restaurants near these hotels.

No hotel will be a perfect location for all the sights in Barcelona as they are spread out.

NB: re tea/coffee making facilities... these are not common in hotels in continental Europe (not just Barcelona). I suppose other Europeans are less in need of a cuppa (it's usually Brits asking, or complaining on hotel reviews). But we did have the facilities in all the hotel we stayed at in Canada last year too, so obviously not just Brits use them!

Edited: 23 February 2011, 08:45
uk
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cant decide between some hotels

Lol tea coffe isnt that important , and what about soho is it ok in terms of location like you say i know its not going to be central for everything onlymthing worried about is bit of noise is it a very busy street?

uk
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cant decide between some hotels

Lol tea coffe isnt that important , and what about soho is it ok in terms of location like you say i know its not going to be central for everything onlymthing worried about is bit of noise is it a very busy street?

9. Re: cant decide between some hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 01:16