We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ticket Despair

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
197 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Ticket Despair

O.K., I am posting one last post about FC Barca game vs. Osasuna on April 24th (ish). I've been a bit bothersome about the football game over the months, and I apologize. I am getting the feeling that there's really no clear cut answer to my problem...which is...getting seats together! The whole reason we are travelling to Barcelona is that it is our son and daughter's favourite place in the world, and Barca is their favourite team. Both "kids" (step-siblings) turn 25 in April, one on 22nd, one on the 26th. A game on the 24th (ish) to their favourite team in their favourite city, sounded great. But, months of "checking daily" later, I still cannot find even TWO seats together, much less four. VIP all sold out (I was getting desperate and ready to spend that much $$).

Chris-The-Scotsman had told me to check 72 hrs to the game, but as tickets are disappearing more and more, I am terrified I'll end up with nothing! Am I missing something, is this somehow a very important game, and that's the issue? I can't imagine why, but....

If anyone has any recommendations, other than going to the Official Sites which I visit daily (they have nothing for me, together), I would appreciate it so very much!

Barcelona will still be fantastic, it will be a great birthday week for them, but what a treat Camp Nou and FC Barca would be.

Thanks for any assistance.

USA
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ticket Despair

Hopefully someone has some secret strategies on this they're willing to share with you. I'll just give advice on what I would do if there don't appear to be secret strategies. Get the tickets anyway. Get 4 tickets that are not together. The kids are adults and can handle themselves. The match will be a wonderful and fantastic occasion whether you are all sitting with each other or not. Have a spot picked out ahead of time to meet after the match, have drinks, and share your stories about the match from your different vantage points.

Pune, India
Level Contributor
108 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ticket Despair

Match tickets for the Camp Nou games become available for the general public as & when the season ticket holders start freeing them up since they cannot attend the game. For instance, if you check the ticket status for the game tomorrow (vs Zaragoza) there are plenty of tickets available. This wasn't the case one month back. So, I guess the best option is to wait until 4-5 days prior to the game and then check the availability. If you don't want to take the risk of loosing out on the game, the only option is to go with whatever is available at the moment. In addition to the club's official website, you can purchase tickets from a partner website http://www.servicaixa.com/nav/en/index.html too. I checked right now and there were a fair amount of tickets available for the Osasuna game. Hopefully you can get 4 seats together :)

Cairns
Level Contributor
127 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ticket Despair

Diamondlover

I am in exactly the same situation as you, trying to get seats for my grand-daughter and I for the same match (we would rather watch it on TV than sit in seperate seats!!!)

Everyone says that seats will be available 72 hours before the game, but i am not so sure. I have been checking availability right up until play on other Barcelona games: they are certainly not plentiful, and very hard to find as a pair in the position we prefer (level 2 grandstand or uncovered)

I have just sent a request to the Club to see if we can get VIP seats, but doubt if they will be able to help

Hopefully we might have some luck closer to the game

Keep on trying....

Barcelona
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ticket Despair

Hi there!

Great to hear that you will be in Barcelona! Barcelona are such a well supported team that it's no surprise you are having problems getting tickets.Contacting Barca FC directly is proberly your best option. However it seems you have already done so. I would also advise possibly heading down to the stadium itself and speaking to someone in person if you have specific requirments. Sometimes tickets become available a few days before the game so it may be the case that you have to wait till then. However if you dont want to risk it I would take the advice of Kuka_9181 and just get tickets even if they are away from each other. You can buy tickets at the stadium ticket offices or any FC Botiga Store (only purchases made with debit or credit card), La Caixa – ServiCaixa ATM’s or ServiCaixa online. You can even buy tickets at any Carrefour or FNAC store these stores are in Barcelona if you are coming before the day of the match.

To get to the ground the best way is via metro. you can take L3 or L5

Hope this helps if you any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me!

Andrew (Oh-barcelona)

Barcelona
Level Contributor
3,951 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ticket Despair

The clear cut answer is that there is now certain way to ensure game tickets, especially not together.

The fact is that the seats in the stadium are sold out in advance to season ticket holders. They get to keep their seats for life and the waiting list is very long.

As season ticket holders they have the first choice of attending a match and the rest of us must wait until they decide if they want to attend a certain match or not. That's why everybody tells you to wait until 72h before the game because then all the tickets of the season ticket holders that were not reserved are released for general sale. In any case, finding 2 seats together is a question of luck and persistent (meaning, checking the site often).

I just made a pass over the available seats and, although I couldn't find two seats together I did encounter seats that have one seat between them or seats that are one in front of the other so you should keep trying.

Of course the more important the game is the harder it is to get tickets.

Another option is to become a member of the team. It does not guaranty that you'll have seats but you have the option of buying tickets before the general public does (up to 2 tickets per member) and you get a 20% discount for the first ticket (for league games excluding high profile games like against Real Madrid).

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
197 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ticket Despair

Thanks Kuka, but no, none together, that is my problem. Not even 2 together in any section. I check each and every section daily.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
197 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ticket Despair

Sorry, I hit "enter" before I could thank everyone for their reply! Oopsy, Amirlivne, O'handrew and Ozepop, thanks for your advice as well. I would actually take two seats with 1 between them, or one behind the other, you don't recall where they were do you Amirlivne? If so, I'll go on and buy them up right now! Ozepop, I actually tried for VIP seating, but to no avail, sold out. Must be something special about this game, and as a good TA person suggested to me in a PM, perhaps it's because it's late in the season, may be a "clinch a trophy" game?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
6,965 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ticket Despair

Camp Nou was a 120k capacity stadium. After Heysel disgrace, UEFA forbade stand up zones, so Camp Nou capacity dropped to 98k when they put seats all around.

Barça has around 160k members, 95k of them are season ticket holders, so just few tickets are on sale, but ... season ticket holders can sell our tickets through to the club web system if we are not going to the match and usually people do it few days before the match begins, for this reason all we say that 24-72h before the match more tickets will be on sell.

For this reason it is hard find tickets together, cos 95% is sold in advance, but as some said before, wait and if you don't find tickets together buy tickets close each others and then seat together at the stadium, you should have not problem, vs Osasuna i think that just 70-75k will be there (there are lots of ticket holders who don't go to the match and don't sell their ticket who knows why).

Barcelona
Level Contributor
3,951 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ticket Despair

For the Osasuna game, section 401 2 seats together - 129 Eur each.

In any case, if you check often and systematically (choose a section and then use the blue arrows to move around section by section to find the best seats) you will find them eventually.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
197 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ticket Despair

Slatkin, thank you so much for that explanation, it all makes sense now. Initially I really was wondering how a stadium that held 120,000 (now I know that's not true) had so few seats available! Amirlivne, the second I read your email, I went on, those seats were there, I went through the process, accidentally put dashes in my phone number so had to go back....and the seats were gone. Tried again, and lo and behold, they were there again - put everything in, only to be told it couldn't be processed due to "technical difficulties". LOL. I guess it's just not meant to be (today - I'll be continuing on in my quest!)

Thanks to all you gems, for all your assistance, its so appreciated. I can tell just by the people who help guide others on this board, that I'm going to LOVE Barcelona!!!

Edited: 04 March 2011, 23:46