We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Restaurants online...Unable for 1 Person!

california
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Booking Restaurants online...Unable for 1 Person!

Hello TA! happy Friday to everyone!

I have a question or concern rather...

* I was looking at the online booking of restaurants in BCN, and a lot of them, you can only book online if you have 2 people or more... (For Example "Con Gracia"

But what if it's just me...

Im afraid of making it for 2, and then just go by my self, I feel it's not honest, on the other hand, I may not find a table without a reservation.

Has anyone experienced this scenario...any advice??

Thanks!

Yesenia

France, Andorra, and Spain from...
1,047 reviews
from US$145.40*
Special Offer
Priority Access: Barcelona Sagrada...
2,951 reviews
from US$43.90*
US$48.80
Barcelona City Tour, Sagrada Familia...
1,652 reviews
from US$111.40*
Special Offer
Montserrat and Oller del Mas Tour...
442 reviews
from US$111.74*
US$117.62
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
64,387 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Restaurants online...Unable for 1 Person!

Hi there,

I usually ask my hotel to make restaurant reservations for me.

You might try that.

Only in Venice,Italy, have I run into restaurants who refused to allow the hotel to make a res for one person. Good luck!!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
232 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Restaurants online...Unable for 1 Person!

Having just returned from a solo trip to Spain, I will say that at the nicer restaurants, I got much poorer service as a single diner than I did at the lower priced restaurants. It may be something you want ot consider when you plan what you want to get out of your trip. Is a meal at a certain place worth it if you get indifferent to crappy servie because of it? In my mind, no.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,295 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Restaurants online...Unable for 1 Person!

Hola Nancy!

So sorry to hear that you received bad service as a single diner. Before my son Gigi, I used to travel and dine alone all the time, in many countries. I never had any problems with service.

Last summer, we went to many places in/near Barcelona, Seville, the Costa Brava. I was very impressed that restaurants were so welcoming to a mother and a child. Since we are from North America and tend to eat earlier, we were often the first guests to arrive. That's a good time; when the wait staff is still fresh and energetic and before the prime time crush. What was your game plan for dining? Did you go at prime time?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
64,387 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Restaurants online...Unable for 1 Person!

Nancy, It would be helpful if you could tell us the names of the restaurants in Barcelona where you were treated badly!

I know that with my friend last trip we have only good service!

I agree with Gigis_mum . When I have been alone I invariably went to restaurants early and of course in Barcelona it is easy to have your main meal at lunch!

5. Re: Booking Restaurants online...Unable for 1 Person!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 19:16