We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me choose...Barcelona B&B or Casa de Marcelo...

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Help me choose...Barcelona B&B or Casa de Marcelo...

Hello TA! I have made 2 selections on Bed & Breakfast in Barcelona, since the price is very good and the reviews are excelent...

#1 is Barcelona BB in the corner of Mallorca and Girona (in Example)

Pros...least expensive 55 euros per night, great reviews, cute rooms, great hosts (per TA reviews)

Cons: room doors don't lock...no one in TA reviews seems to have a problem with it...& I'm not sure if the area is close enough to metro & things...i'd have to take a taxi from Placa de catalunya to them, as walking is too far and there is no metro from Placa catalunya direct

#2 is Casa de Marcelo on Carrer Rera Palau 2 | Primero, 1ª, 08003 Barcelona, Spain

I like that its close to barcelonata & Barri Gotic & el Borne...

Cons: same problem i think with metro...no breakfast (not that much of a big deal, but something to consider when being on a budget), and the single room is 65 euros...

remember the 1st choice is 55 euros w/brkfst and the room has a full bed...

What would you choose??

Help me...Thanks!!!! :)

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,098 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me choose...Barcelona B&B or Casa de Marcelo...

Hola Yes!

I looked at the pictures and read some of the reviews of your 2 choices. Based solely on location, I would go with your 1st choice. It is just to the right of Passeig de Gracia, the most beautiful boulevard in Barcelona. There are 3 metro stations within walking distance (a good chance for you to walk off all your meals!) and it will be a lovely walk if you stay on P. de Gracia. Imagine Casa Batllo at night, illuminated and shining greens and blues... To go to Quimet i Quimet, just take the metro to Pl. Espanya and walk.

california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me choose...Barcelona B&B or Casa de Marcelo...

Thanks gigis-mum that was my 1st hunch as well... I guess we always want to be so sure! Thanks again!!

3. Re: Help me choose...Barcelona B&B or Casa de Marcelo...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 15:15