We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Spain travel plans please!

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seward, Alaska
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help with Spain travel plans please!

Hello,

My wife and I are taking a cruise out of Barcelona in the fall (late September) of 2011. I would like to spend a week prior to the cruise in Barcelona or traveling to other areas of Spain from Barcelona. Can you please advise on what options would work well for us? We enjoy food and wine and wouldn't mind some beaches and sun too. Thanks for any help.

Travis

california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Spain travel plans please!

Hello! Here are my top suggestions from my research here on TA spec mention to gigis-mum :)

Restaurants/ bar food wine etc:

Quimet y Quimet ( very good montaditos)

Euskal extea in gothic area you grab a plate serve your self ( bit size pinchos) very good reviews pay at the end they count your toothpicks & pay accordingly

Fromatgeria la seu ( for the cheese aficionado ) & bar zim next door great wine

Sorry I don't have address as I am in my iPod

Hope this gets u started!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Spain travel plans please!

If you love wine, you should try exploring the wine country near Vilafranca del Penedes (about 45 minutes outside the city). If you're spending 7 days in BCN, definitely mix in a few day trips. Tarragona (an hour and change to the south) has a huge amount of Roman Ruins (it was bigger than Barcelona during Roman times), and Girona (an hour to the north) is a more medieval city.

Seward, Alaska
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Spain travel plans please!

Thank you for the quick reply and the suggestions, I appreciate it!

4. Re: Help with Spain travel plans please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 04:18