We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sagrada Familia light

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
usa
Level Contributor
118 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Sagrada Familia light

a question for photographers: is there a particular time of the day when Sagrada Familia is under the best light? thanks!

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sagrada Familia light

As the temple cover the four cardinal points, I would say there is no special time to cover the whole temple.

Depends of time of year, when sun rises at differente times.I would say: morning is best for the Nativity Façana and it´s not bad for the Passion Façana.

Indoors, as there is so much light entering the temple, anytime is good to dicover that wonderful place

Hope to have helped

Jose

Shanghai Region...
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
23,944 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sagrada Familia light

JoseAntonio, one of our resident photographers, is such a humble gentleman. He didn't include his own photos of the Sagrada Familia.Here they are:

www.pbase.com/joseantonio/la_sagrada_familia

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,238 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sagrada Familia light

Agree with Joseantonio, there is no 'best' special time to cover the whole temple, different sides, different times. In addition, for the exteriors don't forget the 'blue hour' after sunset, and when the lights are on, you can make great photos at night.

Shanghai Region...
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
23,944 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sagrada Familia light

Our OTHER resident photographer, Belsaita! :-P

karachi
Level Contributor
647 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sagrada Familia light

....and we are proud of them both....creators of ethereal imagery....sheer transcendental lyricism.....'humility' after all is the hallmark of true genius!....

usa
Level Contributor
118 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sagrada Familia light

thanks everyone!

New York City
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sagrada Familia light

I disagree. Yes there is the best light with Sagrada Familia.

In the morning the sun shines on one side or the other side of Sagrada. That part is what Gaudi did with its dark stones, are in sunlight in the morning. The other side, where the entrance is located, when I visited it was the entrance; it has more modern sculptures and is in sunlight in the afternoon.

Also I photographed the entire Sagrada an hour before sundown in the park using a tripod. It was beautiful to see when the Sagrada Familia is bathed in soft yellow light. The photographs look better after cloning out the cranes.

Also I used telephoto lens 70-200mm 2.8L lens to photographed parts of the exterior. There is so much rich detail along the exterior of Sagrada I spent a few hours photographing that too. One visited I stayed after it closed, shot the metal door with the words on it, through the fence and more importantly no tourists insight.

If you really want to photograph the Sagrada I think visits during the morning, in the afternoon and close to sundown are really called for.

Have fun photographing it, I certainly did.

Bill

8. Re: Sagrada Familia light

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 05:17