We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most romantic spot in Barcelona?

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
58 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Most romantic spot in Barcelona?

I need to ask the most important person in my life a rather important question. I thought of doing this in Barcelona next month. I'm looking for an extraordinarily romantic spot where we could have a wonderful picnic from say 8PM on a beautiful May evening, drink some champagne, eat some lovely food, watch the lights come on over Barcelona, and then, well, I have some things to say :)

Does anyone have a recommendation?

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,265 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Most romantic spot in Barcelona?

Hi,

The question has been asked several times in the last year or so, the last time a couple of weeks ago, in that one I did a search for the previous posts, click on the tinyurl link for them, and also check out senorita-kaz's post

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187497-i44-k434…

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
58 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Most romantic spot in Barcelona?

That'll teach me. Should've done a proper search before posting. And clearly should probably have had a more original idea as well :) But thanks very much nonetheless. I'm suitably elucidated and chastised.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,265 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Most romantic spot in Barcelona?

Sorry if it came across as chastisement, it wasn't meant to be, was just a statement of fact as not everybody is familiar with the forums - anyway good luck, hope you find a suitable place and I hope you get the right answer

Barcelona
Level Contributor
618 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Most romantic spot in Barcelona?

My advice is not to drink champagne but cava, the Catalan equivalent.

Good luck and don't forget to tell us how it went ;-)

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
58 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Most romantic spot in Barcelona?

Oh Doffcocker I didn't really experience it as admonishment -- was being slightly tongue in cheek about it. And thanks again.

Sputrip good shout on the cava. I'm quite partial to a cava actually, irrespective of what northern European snobs say. Tastes almost as good as champers -- and at £5 a bottle who could argue? ;)

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Most romantic spot in Barcelona?

I hope you found what you were looking for. having chosen Barcelona, over Paris and rightly so imo, be sure to throw a coin into the fountain at Placa Catalunya.

Should we be buying hats ? or is that a tad premature...

7. Re: Most romantic spot in Barcelona?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 17:19