We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hostels

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
67 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hostels

My two son's and a friend are planning to travel in Europe this summer. It has been 30 years since I have stayed in Hostels. I am sure that a lot has changed in 30 years. Can anyone give me some information on hostels? Are they safe? Are there any that are really nice? I would like to get any and as much information as I can. I think that they are planning to travel to Amsterdam, France, Germany, and Spain. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hostels

Hi, I use a hostel fairly regularly in Girona and initially, I wasn't sure but at 18 euros per night, I thought I would take a chance and give it a go. I've been back about 6 times now and have never felt unsafe or threatened.

The rooms are clean with decent sized lockers, communal areas were spotless and a reasonable sized kitchen. Breakfast was also included for the price.

They have hostels in Girona, Barcelona and Madrid.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
271 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hostels

In Barcelona, I always recommend Somnio as I love the owners (2 sisters from Chicago) and have visited to see the clean, friendly space. Check out the reviews on TripAdvisor and tell them that Amy's Mom sent you!

Mountain View...
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hostels

Hi,

I am visiting Barcelona last week of this month, can you pls tell me how far this hostel (Somnio) is from the main city or tourist attractions?

Thanks.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hostels

18 euros for a dorm?

I'm paying 25 euros for a single room in Pensio Alamar In Bari Gotic and decent for the money.

Mountain View...
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hostels

Hi Jon_hall,

I read your reviews for Pensión Alamar and it indeed looks interesting. Can you pls tell me a little more about the loction of this place? is it close to the main attraction of the city. I need to decide between somnio hostel and Pensión Alamar.

Thank you.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hostels

It's on the junction of C/ Avinyo and C/ Contessa De Sobridel.

A few minutes from Placa St Jaume and c/ Ferran.

Quite noisy if you have a room street side even with double glazing but i'm ok with that. Very basic but very clean.

7. Re: Hostels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 01:19