We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question Re: buying Art Ticket Online

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Louisiana
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Question Re: buying Art Ticket Online

I was thinking about purchasing our Art Tickets online. I've looked on the website to see if you print it out or have to pick it up somewhere. (The answer was no doubt was right in fromt of me-but I could not see it).

If you do have to pick it up, why would you bother buying it online?

Barcelona
Level Contributor
3,882 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Question Re: buying Art Ticket Online

You need to pick it up.

Just under the purchase button it says "Ticket pick-up" and then where you can pick it up (Tourist information points at Pl. Catalunya, Pl. Sant Jaume and Aeroport Terminal 1 and 2 and at Barcelona's Museums - with a list).

You can, also, click at the bottom on "How the virtual shop works", where it says that you print a voucher that will be exchanged for the ticket once in Barcelona.

Why buy them online?

It will probably be quicker to pick up the tickets this way and you get a 5% discount.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,236 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question Re: buying Art Ticket Online

I have my Articket here which I purchased via Barcelona Turisme. As Amirlivne has said, it saves time and money becuz you can take it to the first museum you visit, exchange it for a real Articket and go right in.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question Re: buying Art Ticket Online

I see now why to go ahead and buy online. Thanks to both Gigis_mum and amirlivne for your guidance

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,794 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question Re: buying Art Ticket Online

We did the pick up at the Tourist office in Placa Catalunya.

It was very easy because you did not have to stand on the long line to get it.

We just said Art Ticket and they pointed to a register in the back with NO line.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question Re: buying Art Ticket Online

Thanks riffsmom. I was wondering if there would be a line at the museum to pick them up.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
199 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question Re: buying Art Ticket Online

I have the same questions as SouthernGal. I am assuming you would have to wait in the museum line, but not at the tourist offices, correct? Thanks!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,236 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question Re: buying Art Ticket Online

There's always a chance that you might have to wait for a few minutes at the Tourist Office or at one of the museums. The Articket doesn't guarantee that you won't have to wait for a few minutes, at least once.

What it DOES guarantee is that you won't have to wait in line at every single museum. Plus, if you are seeing 3 or more of the museums that are included, you'll save money on the admission.

If my hotel is near the Tourist Office, it makes sense to go there to redeem my ticket. Otherwise, I would simply go to the first museum.

Edited: 07 May 2011, 22:52
Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
199 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question Re: buying Art Ticket Online

gracias!

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Question Re: buying Art Ticket Online

Hello all!

May I know if I can buy Art Ticket at the Tourism Office at the Barcelona Airport?

Or else, if I bought the Art Ticket online, can I redeem it and get a "real" Art Ticket at the Tourism Office at the Barcelona Airport?

Thank you so much!!

10. Re: Question Re: buying Art Ticket Online

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2013, 10:16