We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public swimming pools in barcelona

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Public swimming pools in barcelona

Hi i would like to know if their are any public swimming pools in barcelona. i am living here and have membership in a sports club but i have friends coming for a week and they would like to find a pool that doesnt require membership. thanks

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,296 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public swimming pools in barcelona

Hola Mike!

I was looking for pools last summer, like your friends. I recall walking by a pool in the Eixample (near Hospital Clinic). Another TA member, slatkin_10, found me some useful info on it. I'll dig around in my notes later today.

If your friends are visiting in the 'summer' months, it's easier. On Montjuic, there's the big Olympic pool as well as Piscine B. Cornell. The latter has no lockers btw so your friends will have to stash their valuables under a sun chair or find some other method of storage.

On Barceloneta beach, there is at least one pool, including the one at the Club Natacio. There is even a saltwater pool near Barceloneta (see Beaches pdf, linked below).

Club Natacio, Barceloneta beach:

http://cnb.es/onsom.php

Barcelona beaches:

barcelonaturisme.com/wwwfiles/bcnweb/portada…

Edited: 11 May 2011, 13:23
Barcelona
Level Contributor
4,495 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Public swimming pools in barcelona

Hi Mike,

There are many public swimming pools in Barcelona and there use to be a site with all of them including full information but I cannot find it now.

In the BCN website you have a section for young people where you can search for municipal sport installations so choose the area and write the word swimming pool (in Spanish or Catalan, of course) na you'll get a list.

w3.bcn.es/joventut/…00.html

You can, also, go directly to the PDF file that lists all the installations, divided to areas in a very comfortable way, including public transport,

w3.bcn.es/fitxers/pwj/fcinstallacionsesporti…

And last, this website - http://www.swimmersguide.com/ - that helps you find swimming pools all around the world. The have a few listed under Barcelona and they have more, and hopefully updated, information on the pool sizes, prices etc.

Edited: 11 May 2011, 14:50
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,296 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public swimming pools in barcelona

Thanks Amirlivne!

I see the pool I was talking about on your 2nd link, the one near Hospital Clinic.

We should write an article on public swimming pools...

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
9,381 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public swimming pools in barcelona

My husband (a former college competetive swimmer) really wanted to swim in that outdoor Olympic pool. It was open when we were there on April 28, but it was difficult to figure out the hours for non-members. We walked up there and asked, and they said 19:30. I don't know if there are other times.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,296 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Public swimming pools in barcelona

Hola Enzian!

The view from that pool is fantastic. When we went last summer, the sign gave the opening date as late June, so we went to the smaller Piscine B. Cornell instead. Afterwards, walking by the Olympic pool, I could see a few people swimming. ? Maybe the weather prompted an earlier start date. BTW, we were there in the daytime.

My son swims competitively too.

Edited: 11 May 2011, 18:11
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,296 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Public swimming pools in barcelona

One more name of a gym with a pool in El Born. It's near the zoo side of the Parc de la Ciutadella.

http://www.cemciutadella.cat/inicio.html

Mentioned in this post
El Born
El Born
3,505 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
7. Re: Public swimming pools in barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2013, 10:30