We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Companies in Barcelona

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
4 posts
Save Topic
Tour Companies in Barcelona

Going to Barcelona in 2 weeks, have only 3 days there. Wanted to ask if anyone can recommend good tour companies to show all the big sights in Barcelona. Any suggestions of which tour to go with?

Thanks

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,637 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Companies in Barcelona

The HoHo bus is a good way of orientating yourself to Barcelona

www.barcelonabusturistic.cat

You can enjoy a day by yourselves visiting Montserrat es

barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/tour/montserr…

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,101 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Companies in Barcelona

Hola Munir!

There's also Runnerbeantours. It's free. Just pay a tip as you please.

http://www.runnerbeantours.com/

Or, do it yourself! Barcelona is a compact and very easy city to navigate. Great metro system and taxis are abundant, safe and reasonably priced.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g187497-c153886/Bar…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g187497-c156868/Bar…

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour Companies in Barcelona

If you want to use a registered, licensed guide service, then contact Marta at: http://foreverbarcelona.com/, or Sandra at: www.barcelonasandratours.com

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour Companies in Barcelona

I'm sorry Gigis_mum, but your recommendation is another scam operation that doesn't pay taxes or support the system. None of their people are licensed tour operators. And I doubt seriously that "Gorka", supposedly from the Basque country, is actually Basque.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,101 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour Companies in Barcelona

Robert,

It sounds like you are accusing me of running a scam operation! I think you need to explain yourself much better. And what is the reason for your comment about Gorka being Basque or not? Is this just speculation? What does it have to do with the tour company?

Edited: 18 May 2011, 04:49
6. Re: Tour Companies in Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2011, 23:28
california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tour Companies in Barcelona

Robert, what is your obsession with "licensed" or "not licensed" companies?

I can only assume that you have an ulterior motive to "educating us ..

Runnerbean is free, so I highly doubt thats their strategy, it is not a scam, since you Don't Pay if u don't like it, they work on tips...

I have used these free (tips only) tours all over the world, and I can tell you, they are not a scam and they are very fun...

I don't think its proper that you try to take business away from these people, who are trying to make an honest living...

let them be!

If they were doing something "outside" the law, don't u think the government would have caught them already??

On the Record: Runnerbean is totally safe people! go have fun!

the link for sandra's tours, says her price for a "WALKING TOUR" without transp or entrance to any place is 180 euros!!!!!!

THAT IS MORE OF A SCAM! than a free tour!!

Don't u agree???????

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,653 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tour Companies in Barcelona

I'm not sure if this is true for Spain or not, but there was a similar discussion on the Lisbon Forum about registered vs. not-registered tour guides.

The main difference was that the registered guides were able to take you inside historic sites and the not-registered guides were not allowed to take you in.

Not-registered did not equal illegal - just a different experience. Is this the same for Spain?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
130 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tour Companies in Barcelona

I took 2 runner bean tours in Barcelona & thought they were amazing! Just my two cents, it was easy, cheap & our guides were amazing! Check out my review - it wasn't a scam btw. I'm all for competition, so whatever gets me best bang for my us dollars...

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tour Companies in Barcelona

Robert, you are throwing very serious accusations to some people. If you have a good base for them, please elaborate, for the benefit of everyone in this forum. If not, I believe you should ask for your post to be removed.

Definitely, not-registered does not equal to illegal. If they do something that requires a license but they do not have it, this will be illegal. But if they do not pretend to be licensed guides, they do not take tourists inside historic sites, and more important, they do not charge a fee for its services, they are not doing anything illegal. You may like it or not, you may feel they are a unfair competition to the "real" licensed guides. But this does not mean they are a scam. Besides, I can't see how a free/based of tips activity can be a scam. No one forces you to join them and if you don't like it, you don't tip.

I have never used Runnerbean in Barcelona but I heard nice feedback from them. I used similar tours in other towns and always had nice experiences, some better than others, but never a bad one. Other times I used licensed tour guides (and, by the way, I have to say that NOT always they were better than the free ones). It all depends on each case, and what the customer is looking for. Of course anyone joining a free/based on tips tour must set a different expectation level than when booking a 180€ tour (OMG!!!)

On the other hand, the comment about the 'pretending to be Basque' guy made me laugh out loud... Even if this was true, what it has to do with the quality of the tour? In any case, as the joke says, Basque people are born anywhere they choose!