We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secret hotel

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Secret hotel

Any ideas on this top secret hotel?

A unique 5-star property with all modern facilities and exceptional individual service. Within easy access to Barcelona city centre by public transport in less than 30minutes. Guestrooms are luxurious with over-sized comfortable beds, and the majority of rooms have stunning views over the city of Barcelona.

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona City Tour
Barcelona City Tour
2,168 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Hotel Rec Barcelona
Hotel Rec Barcelona
#4 of 518 hotels in Barcelona
The Corner Hotel
The Corner Hotel
#7 of 518 hotels in Barcelona
Hotel Brummell
Hotel Brummell
#10 of 518 hotels in Barcelona
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,297 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secret hotel

Hola Pip!

We all had fun on our last 'round' of secret hotel guessing. In the end, the poster decided that it was too far. You haven't given us a lot of information to go on but I would guess:

Gran Hotel La Florida

Here's a link to the previous thread on secret hotels:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187497-i44-k44339…

Mentioned in this post
Gran Hotel La Florida
Gran Hotel La Florida
1,323 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
2. Re: Secret hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 June 2011, 16:26
London, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secret hotel

No I think it's Hesperia Tower. You can tell by the number of Trip Advisor reviews - 342.

Edited: 09 June 2011, 18:40
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,297 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secret hotel

Asrkennedy,

How would the number of Tripadvisor reviews lead you to conclude what the mystery hotel is?

BTW, the Hesperia Tower is not truly in Barcelona. It's in a very industrial area called L'Hospitalet de Llobregat (near the airport). Not too many great views from there.

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
L'Hospitalet de Llobregat
L'Hospitalet de Llobregat
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secret hotel

My guess is the Hesperia tower too. Or maybe the hotel by Toyo Ito in the Fira area (can't remember its name now).

Anyway, "within easy access to Barcelona city centre by public transport in less than 30 minutes" means it is not even IN Barcelona!

Mentioned in this post
Fira
Fira
Santorini, Greece
Barcelona City Tour
Barcelona City Tour
2,168 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
London, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secret hotel

Gigis_mum, because they tell you on the Top Secret Hotel description how many reviews it got on tripadvisor and how many stars it has. So if you look on Tripadvisor, the only 5 star hotel with 342 reviews is Hesperia. Plus, it matches the description.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,297 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secret hotel

Thanks for the explanation, asrkennedy! I've never used Top Secret Hotel so today I've learned somethng new.

8. Re: Secret hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 08:17