We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

apartmetS14333.An unhappy conclusion

soth east
Level Contributor
121 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
apartmetS14333.An unhappy conclusion

For those of you wondering whether It all ended happily sadly no.I have just received a call from the manager to say that the apartment I booked is no longer available.( we travel tomorrow). Words fail me !!!!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,287 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: apartmetS14333.An unhappy conclusion

Hi Hilde,

So very, very sorry to hear about this. When you told me just the other day that the manager had offered to meet you at the airport, I was very skeptical. But this? This is outrageous.

Eventually, we need to find a way to report this apt and its owner but first, you need a place to stay, don't you? Have you already cancelled the Sunotel booking?

I'm giving a link to your previous discussion so that we can keep all the details together. Hope TA friends will pitch in and think of some ideas. I believe your dates are as follows:

JUNE 20 - 25

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187497-i44-k45318…

Excerpt from Hilde's previous thread:

<<We have booked with Booking.com at sunotel junior but can cancel free of charge up until the 19 th June.We did want an apartment and our budget is £80 a night.Its for the 2 of us 20th June til 25th June.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,287 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: apartmetS14333.An unhappy conclusion

Hilde,

The Sunotel has rooms available on Venere.com.

soth east
Level Contributor
121 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: apartmetS14333.An unhappy conclusion

Terrible Isn't it? Ive managed to re book the sunotel so back to plan B.

soth east
Level Contributor
121 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: apartmetS14333.An unhappy conclusion

Thanks so much for your help

UK
Level Contributor
349 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: apartmetS14333.An unhappy conclusion

Hi Hilde

So pleased you could get another booking, but what a nightmare for you,there must be some organisation somewhere that this owner can be reported to. Maybe one of the DEs will know.

Anyway , have a lovely time in Barcelona, I will be there myself on the 4th July......I say that with lots of hope as last year as we were loading the car for the airport we got informed our flight was cancelled due to the ash cloud.

Better luck this time though.

S

Edited: 19 June 2011, 21:07
West Hollywood...
Level Contributor
307 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: apartmetS14333.An unhappy conclusion

This scam is so sleazy. OWNERS’ DIRECT has to be held accountable. They are either guilty for incompetence, or for turning a blind eye to this scam. There has to be a renter’s right for recourse. These so-called rental agencies should have some skin in the game. They need to be regulated, bonded and operate at the highest standards. I’m never going to use OWNERS’ DIRECT!!!

Pickering, United...
Level Contributor
3,298 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: apartmetS14333.An unhappy conclusion

Since this person has a UK bank account, try reporting the scam to your local trading standards department. They should be able to take action.

California
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: apartmetS14333.An unhappy conclusion

I am amazed to see that this apartment is still listed on Owners Direct.

loule
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: apartmetS14333.An unhappy conclusion

I am also amazed that this apartment is still listed on Ownersdirect.

As an advertiser on there I'm sending them an email now.

Hilde, did you get your deposit back?

soth east
Level Contributor
121 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: apartmetS14333.An unhappy conclusion

Just got back from a lovely holiday.I havent contacted Owners direct yet but will do so on Monday.Being of an optimistic nature (still!!) I was naively hoping that my deposit might have been returned but sadly no.Have just emailed the lovely Lynda