We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holy Week in April

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
616 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Holy Week in April

Just been reading some forums and realise I will be in Barcelona from 17 April to 20 April 2012. Haven't booked accomodation as yet. Will I find that difficult in Barcelona? Friends stayed at Hotel 1898 and really enjoyed being there in April this year.

barcelona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holy Week in April

hi,

only a little comment, holy week next year 'll not be on 17th april, but earlier..(every year change , it's depends on the moon's calender or something like this).

I find this web with the dates:

semanasanta.info/fechas-de-semana-santa-en-l…

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,673 posts
3,656 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holy Week in April

missvicki:

School is out for Holy Week, so all of Spain will be traveling then to visit family. I would get my hotel reservations early.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holy Week in April

As 5de8 well pointed out, the Holy Week's dates vary every year. In 2012 it will be the first week of April, so already well over if you arrive on April 17. Unless there is a big convention or so, you should have no problems finding rooms for your dates. However, I would book a few months in advance as many hotels offer early booking deals.

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
616 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holy Week in April

Thanks to you all for your responses. I will certainly look at the website and really thinking about booking accomodation soon.

5. Re: Holy Week in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 23:15