We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Feb

liverpool
Level Contributor
477 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
In Feb

What's barcelona like in feburary? Is it Quiet ? Weather wise ?

Hampshire ,England
Level Contributor
560 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In Feb

Ha, quiet! . Wouldn't say I had ever seen Barcelona quiet, as it now too popular for that. You still have to queue for things although obviously less than some other times of the year. All the advice of here is to get to the popular sights early and in Feb there are less people up and about at 9am than in June or July. Also be warned there is a massive mobile phone convention every year in last week of Feb that totally packs out all the 4 and 5 star hotels.

On the plus side the weather can be nice - I've walked round in T shirts when the suns out and neither last year or the year before did it rain when I was there. If you are from the UK I would say they are a month ahead in terms of weather - expect March/April UK temps and climate.Added to which the sun is stronger so if you are lucky it can feel great. I went in December and May this year and December was much warmer and sunnier than you would expect (didn't need a coat in the evening on night it was so warm) and May was cold, wet and thundery !

If you can do UK weather then Barcelona weather will be fine!

liverpool
Level Contributor
477 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In Feb

Thanks very much for all your information. Going middle of Feb. Where do you stay? Any resturant recommendations ?

Yes from Liverpool england

Hampshire ,England
Level Contributor
560 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In Feb

There's loads of both on here! You need to be more specific about what you like in terms of style and budget as some of the experts on here know so many places to eat and stay it would take forever.

Barcelona is unique in that it has pretty much every type of location you could want - in the hills by the beach,marina,ancient city,,European boulevards and so on.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In Feb

I stayed in Barcelona for 4 days this year in late February.

There were many tourists, but not too many as it may be the case during peak season. The Ramblas were crowded, but not overcrowded as I've heard they are in summer, still you could see long queues at the most popular sights (Sagrada familia, Casa Batllò) around mid-morning - so always better to be there early in the morning.

Weather was good: a bit grey/cloudy at times but not rainy and temperature was very pleasant (especially in comparison to most of Europe in the same season).

I would certainly visit again in February.

5. Re: In Feb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 16:17