We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two choices for accommodation- HELP!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Two choices for accommodation- HELP!

Hola everyone,

I am going to be in Barcelona for 4 days. Looking at either staying in Montcada(further out) in no worries villa or renting an apartment in Eixample via Booking.com.

Would appreciate if anyone could suggest or recommend one or the other

France, Andorra, and Spain from...
1,024 reviews
from US$144.40*
Priority Access: Barcelona Sagrada...
2,929 reviews
from US$48.50*
Barcelona City Tour, Sagrada Familia...
1,641 reviews
from US$110.70*
Special Offer
Montserrat Tour from Barcelona...
417 reviews
from US$110.99*
US$116.84
california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two choices for accommodation- HELP!

Hello!

If you will only be in BCN 4 days, I would suggest staying in the one in example it's a beautiful area and you will be close to all the sites (in the city center ) but still more quite than staying in the gothic qtr or near placa catalunya where there's a lot more people,

I'm actually staying in example as well!

Taipei, Taiwan
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,293 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two choices for accommodation- HELP!

Hola Mike!

I agree with Yesi. Do stay somewhere central, like Placa Catalunya (where the Aerobus arrives) or L'Eixample.

I've never used Booking.com for apts. It should be okay although the number of listings may be limited. Make sure to choose an apt with lots of good reviews. Or try a few of the other agencies in the article on Apartment Rental listed below. For only 4 days, I would probably stay in a hotel.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187497-c158711/Barce…

Melbourne
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two choices for accommodation- HELP!

Thank-you guys :)

I am now thinking of staying at one of the Eric Vokel Boutique Apartments and applying directly with them so that there is no hidden costs from third party if I were to cancel.

Taipei, Taiwan
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,293 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two choices for accommodation- HELP!

Sounds good, Mike. Have fun in Barcelona!

5. Re: Two choices for accommodation- HELP!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 07:15