We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wimdu

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Barcelona, Spain
4 posts
Save Topic
Wimdu

Hello everybody!

Does someone have any experience with Wimdu? They seem to be a new company, layout looks a lot like airbnb. Anyone booked with them already?

Cheers,

D

92 replies to this topic
VPS
Vilanova i la Geltru
Level Contributor
1,556 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wimdu

They are a new company and they contacted me last week trying to persuade me to advertise our properties on their site. I declined, mainly because we already have successful marketing and we don't need to pay the 3% commission they want on converting enquiries into bookings.

They are basically just like all the other companies, trolling through the rental sites and trying to poach business in the hope of making a quick buck.

Truro , Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
36 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wimdu

We had a terrible experience with them the person we were booked with is no longer with Wimdu and they didn't bother to tell us that until after many attempts to get hold of him and no response I contacted Wimdu office . But by this time all the reasonable priced places close to the port were taken or they wanted huge cleaning fees & desposits when you got there and I wasn't paying either one . Also they were suppose to have the manager in Barcelona contact me to help me out with finding a new place & that never happened . The only thing I can say that was postive about it when this happened was the money I paid was refunded as quick as they said it would be . So i would not use them again no matter where I was staying .

St. John's, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Wimdu

My Friends and I booked a hotel through Wimdu to travel to Miami. We had all our confirmations when we got to the hotel and once we tried to check in our reservation was not there and they did not have any record of our confirmation number. We called Wimdu and of course did not get any answer and had to leave a voicemail. We were stuck in Miami with no where to go and ended up having to rebook our hotel through Expedia. Someone from Wimdu actually returned our call later that night and told us they didn't know what had happened and that we were booked at the wrong hotel. They told us they would refund both our Wimdu charges and our Expedia charges. Two months later they sent us a cheque for the charges which bounced. It is now Three months since we went on vacation and no one is answering our e-mails or phone calls. This is a HORRIBLE company and would not recommend it to anyone.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,095 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wimdu

VPS,

Do you ever wonder how first-time posters find these obscure threads on a forum that is not related at all to their hometowns or areas of travel interest? Maybe I'm missing something :-) and I don't mean lunch!

VPS
Vilanova i la Geltru
Level Contributor
1,556 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wimdu

Hi Gigi

It infuriates me because it reflects on our business!! We offer great service and great accommodation but people will trust internet bookings less and less with two bit companies like this.

Grrrrr!!!!

Truro , Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
36 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wimdu

Well as long as I'm telling the truth ,which I am what difference does it make how many post I make ?

Truro , Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
36 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wimdu

BTW the manager still hasn't contacted me that does the Barcelona area !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skipton, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wimdu

I would steer clear. A VERY poor company, bad communication, poor accounting, insecure and irresponsible.

Bristol, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Wimdu

I recently went to Hong Kong and rented an apartment through Wimdu. The apartment was ok, very basic. We were travelling with a young baby so I requested extra blankets so that I can make a bed for her. Also the apartment was very cold but the host wasnt able to provide any extra blankets, saying that she has given enough for 4 people. We ended up buying extra blankets ourselves as it was too cold for our baby. She charged us for cleaning, but did not come round to clean at all for the 2 weeks we were there. The day we got back home, someone from Wimdu asked me how it was, so I told her exactly how it went. She told me to write feedback on the website, so few days later when I was about to write my feedback, I found out that the person from Wimdu has done it on my behalf. She wrote an excellent review about my stay and how I loved the apartment and how helpful the host was. I emailed Wimdu to ask them why this was the case. The girl wrote back and said that was what I said on the phone. I emailed back and ask her to delete it and wanted an apology, I never heard anything back from her. I emailed same message to the website support team, never heard anything back.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND USING WIMDU AT ALL. ALL THEIR REVIEWS ARE MADE UP TO MAKE THEM SOUND GOOD. THEY CHARGE A LOT FOR BOOKING THROUGH THEM.

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,001 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wimdu

we used them in Brussels last year and had a poor experience. the fault that we had was the fault of the owners not really wimdu to be fair but when we contacted them they did nothing to help us at all.

A couple of months later, we received an email from Wimdu asking about our experience with the local office. I explained what our problem was (been given wrong key, had to check in to a hotel as they were not answering the emergency number and the office was shut)

I never heard from them again

Reply to: Wimdu
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted