We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where should I shop in Barcelona?

New York City, New...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Where should I shop in Barcelona?

Hey, I saw this video (http://www.youtube.com/user/VillageLaRoca) and wanted to know where to shop in Barcelona. La Roca does look very appealing though!

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where should I shop in Barcelona?

La Roca is OK if you want to travel on purpose to a fake "village" made of shops. Honestly, not my cup pf tea, just a pretentious shopping mall, not really offering anything different than many other shopping malls elsewhere in the world.

Why loosing valuable holiday time traveling there and shopping in a fake environment, when you can do great shopping in unique places? You can get lost in the streets of El Born and Gotic, with lovely small shops in Medieval houses (and even find some Roman remains in between). You can discover local designers among the main brands in El Born and in Gracia ( the latter with a more bohemian feel), while you do some great sightseeing at the same time and have a rest between shop and shop in the lovely squares. Or you can explore the central part of Eixample, while admiring the Modernista (Art Noveau) architecture, not only in the famous Gaudi houses but in many shops and cafes...

All central Barcelona is like a big shopping centre, with many unique places to discover.

california
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where should I shop in Barcelona?

Totally agree with belisita!!

The best part of traveling is discovering the boutiques as you sight see.

When I went to Paris, on my last day, I passed by a very nice boutique, I saw a gorgeous purse from the corner of my eye, I did 3 steps back to see it in the window, and I knew, we were ment to be!!

Till this day, everyone asks me where I got the purse! Ja ja

I was not even looking to buy anything...

I hope to discover little shops in Barcelona when I go in 7 weeks!!! ( but who's counting!??) ha ha

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
63,571 posts
3,726 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where should I shop in Barcelona?

I agree with Belsaita. The shopping mall is too far from Barcelona center and it will be a waste of time.

Take a look at the El Corte Ingles Department Store in Plaza de Cataluña.

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
599 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where should I shop in Barcelona?

I posted more or less the same question last year when we were going last December. There are so many small, quirky shops in Barcelona that where ever you go you will find something that catches your eye! I would not bother with the outlet centre - you can find the same thing anywhere - but for something just that off beat, anywhere in Barcelona!

Barcelona
Level Contributor
710 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where should I shop in Barcelona?

As belsaita said, the most charming option is to go to the old shops in the Gothic Quarter and to the new artisan shops in El Born. Unlike the big shopping malls, there you will find something that you can't get back home.

6. Re: Where should I shop in Barcelona?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 11:17