We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advance tickets to Sagrada Familia

Albany, Ga. USA
Level Contributor
605 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Advance tickets to Sagrada Familia

Many have advised to buy advanced tickets to Sagrada Familia. We will be in Barcelona the 1st week of Sept. for 6 days. Could I wait until I get there to buy Advance tickets or should I go ahead & buy now? It would be much better if I could decide what day to go after I arrive. 1bull

Best Seller
France, Andorra, and Spain from...
1,022 reviews
from US$144.60*
Best Seller
Priority Access: Barcelona Sagrada...
2,925 reviews
from US$48.60*
Barcelona City Tour, Sagrada Familia...
1,641 reviews
from US$110.80*
Special Offer
Montserrat Tour from Barcelona...
416 reviews
from US$111.13*
US$116.98
Taipei, Taiwan
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,293 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advance tickets to Sagrada Familia

Hola 1Bull!

I bought advanced tickets while I was still at home (but couldn't print) and had a lovely visit yesterday. I'm sure glad I had my tickets because the line between 11 am when I arrived and 1 pm when I left was LONG! There were easily 400 people in line. Local members have advised to visit late in the day but that doesn't work for me. By 5 or 6 pm, I'm usually back at the hotel for a swim or a nap before delicious late dinner.

If you can't decide which day to visit, yes, you can always buy the tickets online after you arrive. If the day and time slot are full, well, that's the chane you'll have to take.

Don't worry if you can't print at home. Just bring the same credit card you used to buy the tickets and present them to the Servicaixa representative at the booth to the right of the regular ticket sales windows.

Albany, Ga. USA
Level Contributor
605 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advance tickets to Sagrada Familia

Thanks Gigis_mum. Since this will be my first time in Barcelona,I think I will wait and take my chances. I will be there 6 days,then going to Mallorca for 2 and returning to Barcelona for 2 more days before flying home. In the veent of a sellout, I should be able towork it in one of the 8 days. What do you think? 1bull

Taipei, Taiwan
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,293 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advance tickets to Sagrada Familia

Definitely, Bull. Don't miss the Sagrada Familia. It's amazing even if you are not religious or a fan of Gaudi.

UK
Level Contributor
349 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advance tickets to Sagrada Familia

I would purchase in advance if you reallly do want to see Sagrada Familia.It is simple to do online and I had no problems with printing. Went early July and the queues were long at 5.00pm. It was good to have the tickets and go straight in. I think it may be a little cheaper online also.

Have a great time.

S

Northeast USA
Level Contributor
67 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advance tickets to Sagrada Familia

Having a ticket in advance is a 'must,' I would say - unless you really enjoy standing in line for a long time in the hot sun.

We are just back from Barcelona. Our first try to see Sagrada got us there at about 11:30 in the am. I figured it would be impossible, and it was. The line - all the way around to the back of the building. The next day, I urged my hubby to get an early start. Well, we were on vacation, after all. We managed to get there by about 9:15 am. But again - the line was all the way around to the back. We were not going to endure standing in line like that, so we never got in. More's the pity!

<sigh>

linda in Delaware

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advance tickets to Sagrada Familia

We got advance ticket while still at home and it was the only thing we planned in advance aside from two dinner reservations at high end restaurants.

Definitely buy those tickets in advance. You will be so happy you did. I was.

When you walk up to the front around everyone in line snaking around the building you show one of the guards your ticket and he shows you to a special ticket window where there is not a line. Get tower elevator tickets when you get to the window. We went up the nativity side but you could buy tickets for both sides.

karachi
Level Contributor
647 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advance tickets to Sagrada Familia

Thanks for the “credit card” tip, G_m…point noted…intend utilizing the online Servicaixa facility for my September visit… “400 people in line”…staggering!…ah the “Nativity” Façade…is it not simply magnificent, doggie_o?…

Juana Díaz, PR
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advance tickets to Sagrada Familia

I am visiting Barcelona in a few days!! Can't wait. Will the advance tickets available at Servicaixa include going up to the towers? Or is is a separate ticket I can purchase once there?

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Advance tickets to Sagrada Familia

Darius, the nativity facade was like a Tim Burton movie on a building.

Luis, you buy the Tower tickets at the gate when you present the sericaixa ticket.

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
224 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Advance tickets to Sagrada Familia

How much are the tower tickets please?