We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changing hotels- opinion???

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
419 posts
211 reviews
Save Topic
Changing hotels- opinion???

Hi,

I have booked the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona for the night after our cruise but am considering changing this as I have read there is not much around there and the mall is closed on Sundays.

I was considering Hotel Duquesa de Cardona, Grand Hotel central, or Pullman Barcelona Skipper. They all look very nice.

I want to be in an area where we can wonder around safely and have our choice of several places to eat.

All of these are quite a bit more expensive than the Hilton.

Are the areas and these hotels nicer?

Thanks for your help!

France, Andorra, and Spain from...
1,047 reviews
from US$145.30*
Special Offer
Priority Access: Barcelona Sagrada...
2,951 reviews
from US$43.90*
US$48.80
Barcelona City Tour, Sagrada Familia...
1,652 reviews
from US$111.40*
Special Offer
Montserrat and Oller del Mas Tour...
445 reviews
from US$111.68*
US$117.56
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,295 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changing hotels- opinion???

Hola Misshopper!

I saw your other thread and was going to suggest the Pullman Barcelona Skipper too BUT imho, it has a few shortcomings for a 1 night visitor: price and location. It is a bit expensive, but it's already the cheapest hotel with a nice pool on the beachfront. If I stayed there (and I HAVE considered it in the past), I would try to get the most for my money by utilizing the hotel facilities as much as possible. ie I would stay in the hotel, swim in the pool etc. and spend less time actually doing anything else in Barcelona!

AmyEade will tell you to go for the Duquesa de Cardona. It's relatively near the Maremagnum for your shopping and close to many restaurants. Try to get one of the nicer rooms with a view of the harbourfront.

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
419 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changing hotels- opinion???

Thank you!

I have a pool at home so that is not essential except for the atmosphere!

3. Re: Changing hotels- opinion???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 22:16