We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona to Girona train or bus

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pembrokeshire, Wales
Level Contributor
513 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelona to Girona train or bus

Is it cheaper to travel from Barcelona to Girona by bus/coach than train? If so where do the coaches leave from and is it necessary to buy the ticket in advance?

Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,094 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona to Girona train or bus

Hola Lelogthecat!

I've only taken the train from Girona to Barcelona. Will you be traveling from the Girona airport or city centre? Here's a link to Barcelona-tourist-guide's page on Girona transfers:

barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/gerona/girona…

Pembrokeshire, Wales
Level Contributor
513 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona to Girona train or bus

Thanks but it's city centre to city centre, it's my son who will be travelling this week. There seems to be info about getting to the airport but not the centre of Girona.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelona to Girona train or bus

Hola! The same company that runs the buses from/to Girona airport does the route to Figueres via Girona and do stop in Girona main bus station (next to the train station). They depart from the main bus station in Barcelona (Barcelona Nord).

It looks bus cost 11€ single /19€ round fare

barcelonanord.com/eng/horarios/pantalla1.asp

I always take the train when going to Girona. Its frequent (one every hour or so), cheaper than the bus and takes about the same time, or just a bit more in the slower "regional" trains, but these are about 6.75€ so half the price than the bus, the "medid distancia" trains do cost 9.15€ so still cheaper than the bus.

Pembrokeshire, Wales
Level Contributor
513 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelona to Girona train or bus

That's great Belsaita, just what I needed to know.

Diolch yn fawr,

sorry my Welsh is better than my Spanish!

5. Re: Barcelona to Girona train or bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 12:20