We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trusted apartments in Barcelona

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Topic
trusted apartments in Barcelona

After searching a number of recommended hotels, we decided to rent an apartment while staying in Barcelona. What would be trusted websites/companies we should look into. I know very often I am being refered to FAQ but I did not find that info, at least easily. I appreciate all help that can be provided.

Thank you.

USA
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trusted apartments in Barcelona

Hola grivna,

It can actually be a little tough finding the FAQ you want. They are not all listed on the side. If you click on one, get the pop up box, and click on read more, you'll go to a new page. From there, you see a menu of FAQs/articles on the right, under "More travel articles". Browse that column to see if the FAQ you want is there. If it is not, click on "View All Articles" at the bottom of the column. Of course, "View All Articles" ought to always be at the top of the FAQs list, but TA is not a perfectly designed site. :)

All that rambled, here's a link to the FAQ you're looking for:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g187497-c158711/Bar…

I have used Habitat and Negre and been pleased with both.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: trusted apartments in Barcelona

Thank you very much for your help. Somehow finding a hotel in Barcelona seems to be pretty overwhelming, I do not recall anything like that from my prior trips to Europe. Maybe because I need a room for 3 adults and Barcelona's hotel options are quite limited vs. London, Prague, Munich, Vienna etc. I am fining pretty good options with apartments.

Thanks again for taking time to respond since you are the only person who did it.

Newmarket, ON...
Level Contributor
380 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trusted apartments in Barcelona

Grivna:

We have used VRBO exclusively fro apartment rentals and have never run into problems. We rented this summer in both Barcelona and Paris and were very happy ... the info presented on VRBO was accurate and truthful. I can recommend a wonderful one bedroom apartment with a rooftop terrace (and space for a third person) at Casanova and Valencia ... very reasonable. PM me if interested.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Bunbury , Western...
Level Contributor
9 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trusted apartments in Barcelona

We, too recently used VRBO to rent an apartment in Barcelona. The whole process was very easy and we found a great little place (one bedroom and sofa bed) near St Caterina Market. The photos and information about the apartment were very accurate.We only paid 90 Euro a night.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,094 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trusted apartments in Barcelona

Hola Grivna!

I've used VRBO for other cities and last year, I would have agreed that you could trust their listings. Not anymore. VRBO stands for Vacation Rentals by Owners but I've noticed that many rental agencies -- not just owners -- are NOW listing on VRBO.

I wrote the article that Oopsy has linked above (moltes gracies, Oopsy) by reading this forum and keeping notes of all the popular and often-mentioned agencies. In the process, I received much input from local TA members and frequent visitors.

In the article, it is suggested that you read the apt reviews carefully and also communicate with the owner or agent. You can no longer depend solely on a rental agency to guarantee a positive experience. There are good apartments and good owners, as well as bad.

Edited: 12 August 2011, 09:31
Rzeszow, Poland
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: trusted apartments in Barcelona

We tried to use VRBO but all apartments we liked were booked 2-3 months in advance. So, we had used ACOMODIS.C​OM web-site and we have found a wonderful apartment rented by owner (through his own company):

acomodis.com/en/…passatge_batllo.aspx

It's an attic apartment (you need to get up 2.5 levels up without elevator, very narrow staircase) with maximum of space used (wood furnished walls, closets with sliding doors, beautiful patio completely hidden by the trees from any eyes or street noise). Owner waited fro us in the middle of the night (he provided a phone number to call them), to let us in, explain everything, leave mobile internet stick with us. Apartment was fully equipped and can accommodate 4 people (2 in double-bed in bedroom + 2 on sofa-bed in the living area), There is no A/C.

Here is an address: Address: St Passatge Batlló 1.

Closest metro station:"Hospital Clínic" (blue line) - 50m from the doors

Owner: ElizabethCasañas

Again, we can highly recommend this apartment. Do not expect any luxery, but very clean and useful with good location (out of noisy Ramblas area, but still on 3 metro stations from Plaza Catalunya and 15 minutes walk from Casa Pedrera).

7. Re: trusted apartments in Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 13:18